• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Good Girl Covers...

420 posts in this topic

here's one!

jungle85.jpg

I was going to post this one if you didn't! It's one of only a handful of Golden Age issues I own, and I bought it specifically because of Camilla's pose. cloud9.gifcloud9.gif What I can't figure out is why Ka'anga is off raping that gorilla when Camilla is hanging there in such an alluring position!! confused-smiley-013.gifblush.gif

Timely,

There's a period in the late 1940's when Timely (the company, not you) would put a girl on the cover of most of their books (either one of the heroines, a villianess, or a fair maiden in distress).

What's your favorite out of the Timely GGA covers?

Here's my favorite out of the Timely's I have (wish I could afford a nice copy of this book). I have to admit I've been partial to the Blonde Phantom since I saw here on the back cover of one of the volumes of The Steranko History of Comics. (And my one piece of Steranko original art is a tight pencil preliminary for the Blonde Phantom illustration in his Supergirls pinup calendar. I would post it, but I wouldn't want to have to censor it.)

blonde_phantom_13.jpg

And why haven't we seen a Phantom Lady cover. Does anyone else think this cover (#15) qualifies as GGA?

phantom_lady_15.jpg

THAT old thing? GGA? Pah!

::cannot remain in jest mode!::

It is one of the Queens of GGA and you know it, too, you rascal. I didn't post one cause I don't HAVE a PL - yet. grin.gifthumbsup2.gif

Timely,

There's a period in the late 1940's when Timely (the company, not you) would put a girl on the cover of most of their books (either one of the heroines, a villianess, or a fair maiden in distress).

What's your favorite out of the Timely GGA covers?

Here's my favorite out of the Timely's I have (wish I could afford a nice copy of this book). I have to admit I've been partial to the Blonde Phantom since I saw here on the back cover of one of the volumes of The Steranko History of Comics. (And my one piece of Steranko original art is a tight pencil preliminary for the Blonde Phantom illustration in his Supergirls pinup calendar. I would post it, but I wouldn't want to have to censor it.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've never put a girl on a cover (yet devil.gif)

My favorite Timely good girl issue is easily Marvel Mystery Comics #83, followed by Blonde Phantom #16 grin.gif

Timely