• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Good Girl Covers...

420 posts in this topic

As this has evolved into the GGA jungle thread, I thought I'd post a fave Schomburg cover of mine. Inside is a Judy of the Jungle tale illustrated by Frank Frazeta (that is how he spelled it back then) - as the guide says, it is in the Caniff style (well, sort of), but Frank sure knew how to draw women, even then.

469947-exciting59.jpg

469947-exciting59.jpg.8f2a3b3aaa3d0332332aa8709efb2b6f.jpg

Me too. Check out this Wings cover, though... this time, it's the guy in bondage and the woman to the rescue. I love the expression on the face of the guy in the lower right... you can see where he's looking, and guess the rest! shocked.gif

470220-wingssm.jpg

470220-wingssm.jpg.ef4ad94151d4241eedc0101d0f90185e.jpg

i LOVE Alligator covers, always did! They aren't quite that menacing in real life though! I was walking in a swamp 2 weeks ago and came within 18 inches of one about 5 feet long! I was initially scared as helll, but it didn't even move. Then i noticed it only had 3 legs, so i just gave it a WIDE Berth and kept walking!

I was walking in a swamp 2 weeks ago and came within 18 inches of one about 5 feet long!

What state was this in...and what were you doing traipsing thru a swamp?

It's splitting hairs, but the Jumbo cover looks like a croc, which would be more consistent with the dominant reptile in most jungles. Crocs are WAY nastier than alligators.

haha! Agreed crocs are worse! I live in new orleans and wanted tos ee what the bayous were like, so i went into a swamp. I was walking along a path, that followed the water line, and the alligator was there right at the side of the path. My point of the story was really just that i always loved alligator/croc covers, but now they mean a bit more to me.

I was walking along a path, that followed the water line, and the alligator was there right at the side of the path.

Man, I've gotta get down there or to Florida...that sounds like quite a rush. Last time I went to Savannah, Georgia I kept looking for alligators around the shores but couldn't find any.