• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Good Girl Covers...

420 posts in this topic

Those Wonders are gorgeous. The Wonder 13 was on my list of covers to post. (I'll dig out some other Schomburg to post.)

I love that #15. I've always wanted one of those, but every time I see one, it's way more than I want to pay. As to Schomburg's painted covers, I think the Wonder's and Startling's are way more desirable than the Exciting's and Thrilling's. It may just be me, but I don't think Schomburg's style worked as well on the jungle books.

I'm sure I speak for many when I say my favorite GGA cover is Phantom Lady 17, but alas, I do not own one. Dager 14 is maybe my second favorite. This underrated cover artist did a few books for Fox, OS lists him as E. Good, but his worked here is signed Damond, and he also did the Safari Cary story inside which is chock full of GGA.

461665-dagar14.jpg

461665-dagar14.jpg.245132f1b5cfe188d933308165e1efac.jpg

I'm sure I speak for many when I say my favorite GGA cover is Phantom Lady 17

That's my favorite also. I posted a scan of my copy in the previous GGA thread, but if ever a book deserves to be repeated, PL17 is the one.

phantomlady17.jpg

And there hasn't been nearly enough Schomburg on here yet...

After Schomburg left comics, he painted a number of pulp/digest/paperback covers. Generally not as good as his comic covers (and generally without women), but I've always liked this one.

fantastic_story.jpg

If anyone wants a GREAT GGA book, get this one. This one's a little ragged, but I just bought a copy from Bruce Edwards, it's INCREDIBLE!!! That girl's shirt is falling off throughout the whole book.

And no, this is not my auction, or that of anyone I know.

Cleveland

I used to have one in my first foray into GA. My fave Rangers cover I will be looking for this weekend at Wondercon. Still regret selling it. If I find it I will post here. If not, will just tell ya the # and you can see it in Gerber. But I really hope I will be able to post it! grin.gif

Here's another great GGA cover - Jumbo Comics #97, with two babes, and an in-your-face headlights cover! blush.gif

jum97.jpg

hmmm.... i don't know about headlights, but you could roll a bowling ball down the center of her chest without hitting a breast! 893whatthe.gif