• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show your three current favourite comics

182 posts in this topic

So many awesome books, hard to pick three of course, here is a start

GreenLama5.jpg

CrimeDoesnotpay33.jpg

msfury1.jpg

Beauties, all of them. But your All Select 11 should start the next batch of three.

GreenLama5.jpg

:takeit:

(worship)

Its actually shocking that this book exists, best story in the run, great cover :cloud9:

I was thinking the same thing. Makes me wonder if it isn't a pedigree that lost it's provenance. Beautiful book, Joe! (thumbs u

And the Green Lama story inside is pretty cool, too. One of Raboy's best.

I've been traveling a lot this summer, so I'm just now getting to post something in this great thread. Awesome books everyone! It's easy to see why those books are your favorites.

There's been a few All-Star #3s posted so far ( :applause:) , and until recently it was #1 on my list too. I just absolutely adore that book! But when I finally was able to get a Superman #1 earlier this summer it supplanted the All-Star 3 in the hierarchy. The 3rd spot could change, but today I'm feeling it for Police #1.

Superman1CGCF60r.jpg

AllStarComics3_CGCVF80r.jpg

PoliceComics1_CGCVF75.jpg

I've been traveling a lot this summer, so I'm just now getting to post something in this great thread. Awesome books everyone! It's easy to see why those books are your favorites.

There's been a few All-Star #3s posted so far ( :applause:) , and until recently it was #1 on my list too. I just absolutely adore that book! But when I finally was able to get a Superman #1 earlier this summer it supplanted the All-Star 3 in the hierarchy. The 3rd spot could change, but today I'm feeling it for Police #1.

Superman1CGCF60r.jpg

Thanks for sharing. :headbang:

Superman #1 is an incredible, monster, classic, key, Holy Grail of a comic book.

It still has room for growth and despite it's stature, it's really an underrated book. Every time I hear someone say that "it's only just reprints", I cannot help but laugh at the fact that the book's ultimate importance tends to be forgotten.

For starters, it's not "only reprints" as it does contain an expanded origin that features the very 1st appearence Clark's parents (The Kents). That alone is probably more important than the 1st appearences of most GA characters. "Smallville" anyone?

But Superman #1 is monumental for the fact that Superman became the first Superhero character to ever land his own exclusive solo series. It marked a change in the comic book industry, a shift towards the superhero genre that has lasted for almost 100 years.

Incredible, incredible book...I could go on and on all night. (worship)

Superman1CGCF60r.jpg

AllStarComics3_CGCVF80r.jpg

PoliceComics1_CGCVF75.jpg

Those are three great choices, Todd! :applause:

Superman1CGCF60r.jpg

Superman #1 is an incredible, monster, classic, key, Holy Grail of a comic book.

It still has room for growth and despite it's stature, it's really an underrated book. Every time I hear someone say that "it's only just reprints", I cannot help but laugh at the fact that the book's ultimate importance tends to be forgotten.

For starters, it's not "only reprints" as it does contain an expanded origin that features the very 1st appearence Clark's parents (The Kents). That alone is probably more important than the 1st appearences of most GA characters. "Smallville" anyone?

But Superman #1 is monumental for the fact that Superman became the first Superhero character to ever land his own exclusive solo series. It marked a change in the comic book industry, a shift towards the superhero genre that has lasted for almost 100 years.

X2

i just bought a copy this week ... and i am impatient to have it in my hand.. in approximatly 2 week....

Superman1CGCF60r.jpg

X2

i just bought a copy this week ... and i am impatient to have it in my hand.. in approximatly 2 week....

Any pics?

:popcorn: