• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where can I buy better protection for comics?

46 posts in this topic

Check out Comic link and other online auctions, you can often pick up oddball CGC slabs for $5 to $10.

Unslab the comic, and put the book you want to protect in a mylar and then into the slab. I have almost every $250plus book of mine that wasn't CGC when I bought it protected just like that.

Toploaders work really well..They are just like the toplaoders for cards except they are bigger to fit comics..They are plastic with a opening at the top and hard plastic on all three sides..My silver age comics fit perfectly in them and they fit snug so they dont move aroung and cant get any corners bent up because of the hard plastic sides..They are also cheap..I get a pack of 10 for $15

I mean for comics you really want to protect. I'm looking for something with rigidity (to protect the spin on thin comics) so I don't have to walk on egg shells everytime I touch the thing.

Let me know what you need. Shoot me a PM, we'll figure out what you need.

There is also this thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3413482

One of the best things since sliced bread, the Buddha and lady-parts in my opinion (no offense to any eastern philosophy followers, I was using hyperbole to make my point). From the discussion, for most a full-back and a mylar would do you fine and a combo for the best. But read (and enjoy) for yourself. I know I did.

That being said, if you're buying supplies Hotflips cannot be beat for service, and all around nice-personhood. (thumbs u

Check out Comic link and other online auctions, you can often pick up oddball CGC slabs for $5 to $10.

Unslab the comic, and put the book you want to protect in a mylar and then into the slab. I have almost every $250plus book of mine that wasn't CGC when I bought it protected just like that.

That's a good idea. Sometimes I will occasionally crack open a slab and reuse for protection or display of a raw comic. I never thought of simply buying a cheap slab just to get the slab itself.

I mean for comics you really want to protect. I'm looking for something with rigidity (to protect the spin on thin comics) so I don't have to walk on egg shells everytime I touch the thing.

Let me know what you need. Shoot me a PM, we'll figure out what you need.

http://www.hotflips.com/index.php?cPath=8_126

Top loaders are nice. Quite rigid and the top is open so you can

easily slide comics in and out. Hot Flips is a trusted seller.

Get a fortress if it's a comic worth some $$$. Here's a pic of one

4cf7a535.jpg

+1!!!

If you've never owned a fortress, you do NOT know what you're missing! I love those things and still have a few comics in them that I haven't gotten around to slabbing. Definitely get a fortress over a cheapo slab tomcrackmand reuse. It's worth the extra money (thumbs u