• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #16

24 posts in this topic

Does anyone with knowledge know if the new Overstreet will recognize it as the first mention of "Metropolis"? Am I correct that it was? Do graded copies note it? - Basically what is Action Comics #16 known for, thanks!!

I would be curious as to how Metropolis fit into a story as Superman didn't appear in this issue.

Of course he did. In a 13 page story titled "The Gambling Expose."

Ok, then I am confused about this. Weren't there a few issues without Superman?

I would be curious as to how Metropolis fit into a story as Superman didn't appear in this issue.

Of course he did. In a 13 page story titled "The Gambling Expose."

Ok, then I am confused about this. Weren't there a few issues without Superman?

nope...all Actions had a Supe story in the beginning of the book..but not all Action cover from 1-18 had Supe covers...DC finally learned that Supe Action covers (and Bat Tec covers) sold better..

You were certainly correct about the Metropolis reference - see last panel

ActionComics16superman.jpg

I'm sure this was discussed before, but Action 16 also has a J'onn J'onzz prototype in the Zatara story:

z1.jpg

z2.jpg

z3.jpg

z4.jpg

z5.jpg

z6Jonn_Jonnz_First_App2.jpg

You were certainly correct about the Metropolis reference - see last panel

ActionComics16superman.jpg

I'm sure this was discussed before, but Action 16 also has a J'onn J'onzz prototype in the Zatara story:

z1.jpg

z2.jpg

z3.jpg

z4.jpg

z5.jpg

z6Jonn_Jonnz_First_App2.jpg

Wow!

That Manhunter find was awesome!!!

I had no idea... which brings up a question:

Are there any compilation books out there that reprint entire contents of Action and not just the Superman stories?

That's almost more than a prototype! Nice work, Ameri1941. :applause:
Ameri1941 is one smart cat and a heck of a collector, and knows his shatner history too lol

that was a cool find! i originally looked at this thread because i have a customer that got an ACTION 16 from me and is now refusing to pay for it. AND refusing to send it back!!!! get that!!

anybody know Tom Bush...owns a company called Fixed Aircraft Parts i believe...........

that was a cool find! i originally looked at this thread because i have a customer that got an ACTION 16 from me and is now refusing to pay for it. AND refusing to send it back!!!! get that!!

anybody know Tom Bush...owns a company called Fixed Aircraft Parts i believe...........

I believe he's on the boards..from Indiana I believe...you sent on approval?

You've just blown my mind with the JJ from Action 16 pictures.

Had no idea, thats incredible. Looks like the JJ was an almost identical swipe (?) from that story in issue 16.

Great find sir, never owned an Action 16 myself, so I never knew.

(worship)