• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I won't buy from Jamie Graham...and why I love these boards!

519 posts in this topic

A lack of a return phone call is annoying and not good customer service. Doesn't make Jamie Graham the devil. As long as the books were accurately graded, he has a leg up on the competition.

So, who's the dealer?

Enough people guessed without me even mentioning a name. So clearly this person's reputation is well known.

It's Jamie Graham of Graham Cracker Comics.

I'll even change the name of my thread so people can search for it from now on.

I just wanted to be civil about it without naming names as I don't want to hurt another person's business but since all have asked....that's who it is.

From what I have heard, Jamie has a great reputation as a seller.
From what I've heard and seen firsthand he's a D_O_U_C_H_E.

And I have bought from him and sold to him for over 20 years and have 100% the opposite opinion.

So, who's the dealer?

Enough people guessed without me even mentioning a name. So clearly this person's reputation is well known.

It's Jamie Graham of Graham Cracker Comics.

I'll even change the name of my thread so people can search for it from now on.

I just wanted to be civil about it without naming names as I don't want to hurt another person's business but since all have asked....that's who it is.

Honestly never heard of him till this thread. hm

He jumped into one of my recent threads with some snotty comments. Apparently, he's a *spoon*hole on the forum, at conventions and on voice mail. He'll never see a penny of business from me either.

Since your one of my favorite board members Domo Arigato I will take your word for it and avoid.

Oh my. lol

Now...now...NanaBeth...you're still my number one gal. :luhv:

:screwy:

But you, Greggy.

You I hate.

And I'm talking a hate that burns with all the hateful hatred that a hating hater can hatefully hate with.

Call me. :wishluck:

:o

Not that this dealer sounds as if he has good customer service skills, but to be honest it sounds as if he really didnt do anything wrong- you had made a purchase and didnt need the book. He doesnt have an obligation to take it back. It would be cool if he did, but it cant be held against him if he doesnt.

To be clear again...

Yes, I bought a duplicate comic that was my fault. Clearly

I called and asked if I could exchange it and was told "NO PROBLEM". I drove 70 miles to do the deal and the guy was a no show and has not called me back after several calls to his store where they said they would have Jamie call me back. Still no call. I was told I could do an exchange. If I was told "sorry but we can't do that"...then that is another story. I was not told there are "no exchanges".

I was told, sure no problem. Once that was said, then I expected them to live up to their word. And yes I was very annoyed that I had to drive 70 miles to get stood up and then not even a phone call to just say...hey man, sorry that happened. Let's see how we can make this work...I did say I was willing to buy more comics and even gave the guy several comics on my want list.

All of it speaks volumes for who this person is and why many feel the way they do about his business practices.

Let me get this straight. Is there something wrong with the books? Did you pay too much for them? He sold you the books and you admit that you made the mistake of purchasing the book(s) that you already own. How is this shady?

It's shady to avoid a customer who has called your store 4 times when they were promised an exchange and then not one call back. It's shady to tell a customer to drive a long way and to not show up.

I love how some here will try to twist things.

Plus, there is other evidence in the search on this forum that can show how this person has had some interesting deals with forum members (the search button was helpful after all this went down with me).

I am sure he closed down his multi thousand dollar cost booth just to not give you an exchange of books that it was totally in his discretion whether to exchange.

The truth is, you need to talk to Jamie. If you called his shop in Chicago when he was on the road back from Florida it might not have been the easiest thing to do for him to get to the bottom of for you.

Honestly, you don't know why he left the show early, you don't know why did didn't set up the last day, and to assume that he bailed on an entire day of a convention that he paid for in booth costs, salaries, income and expenses JUST to not take an exchange from you has passed into the Tim Burton level of self-absorption.

I think you need to practice patience and you will get to where you want to be, especially since the initial problem with the books had nothing to do with the seller.

i think its the inks but it seems like 99.9 percent of the people who own comic shops or even work in comic shops are dix. most shops i have been in.
This is something I can deal with. What I can't deal with is undisclosed restoration. I feel that this is a form of dishonesty. From what I have heard, Jamie is an honest dealer.

I can understand your frustration Marc. Unfortunately, the World of comic sales

is full of guys who don't have great customer or business skills, they've spent

their lifetime reading comics and avoiding real sales jobs.

I don't think you should write of Graham Crackers completely. Sounds like

he is willing to work with you, perhaps someone on the boards can contact

him for you.

Let me get this straight. Is there something wrong with the books? Did you pay too much for them? He sold you the books and you admit that you made the mistake of purchasing the book(s) that you already own. How is this shady?

It's shady to avoid a customer who has called your store 4 times when they were promised an exchange and then not one call back. It's shady to tell a customer to drive a long way and to not show up.

Plus, there is other evidence in the search on this forum that can show how this person has had some interesting deals with forum members (the search button was helpful after all this went down with me).

I am sure he closed down his multi thousand dollar cost booth just to not give you an exchange of books that it was totally in his discretion whether to exchange.

The truth is, you need to talk to Jamie. If you called his shop in Chicago when he was on the road back from Florida it might not have been the easiest thing to do for him to get to the bottom of for you.

Honestly, you don't know why he left the show early, you don't know why did didn't set up the last day, and to assume that he bailed on an entire day of a convention that he paid for in booth costs, salaries, income and expenses JUST to not take an exchange from you has passed into the Tim Burton level of self-absorption.

I think you need to practice patience and you will get to where you want to be, especially since the initial problem with the books had nothing to do with the seller.

Sadly, your going to need some serious patience if your expecting a call back.

i think its the inks but it seems like 99.9 percent of the people who own comic shops or even work in comic shops are dix. most shops i have been in.
This is something I can deal with. What I can't deal with is undisclosed restoration. I feel that this is a form of dishonesty. From what I have heard, Jamie is an honest dealer.

Did you see the thread where he sold a TOS 39 that was trimmed to a fellow boardie? It took the boardie a month to reach Jamie even after leaving tons of messages...still not a word from Jamie....only after the boardie posted on this forum did the issue get resolved. I also think I recall another boardie also saying they bought a trimmed comic from Graham.

I just want to say Jamie that voice mail message is damn near word for word what mine is on my personal line.

Never heard of you before this thread but now I wanna buy some comics from you. Do you have a website for your stores and do you sell graded Walking Dead comics?

:)

http://www.grahamcrackers.com/

YIKES!!!

$3,500 for a 5.0 Avengers #1 :ohnoez:

I dont know the PQ since there is no description and no pic but since thats over 200% of GPA, the PQ better be freaking GOLD!

Have fun buying from there Brendan (thumbs u

When did Mark say anything even remotely close to "assuming " that jaime closed down to avoid taking the comic back???

He never said anything of the sort, just that he was annoyed that he was a no-show after being told no problem and now hasnt gotten so much as a return phone call despite repeated efforts.

It aint rocket science (thumbs u

Comic book dealers, like drug dealers, get away with anti-social behavior because they have something YOU want, need, have GOT to have.

So long as enough people continue to do business with whomever to keep whomever in business, that will never change.

I treat my customers like gold, but then again, I don't have a multi-million dollar inventory of high dollar books. I deal in drekky modern . I can't wait for my market to mature into its own...

Did you see the thread where he sold a TOS 39 that was trimmed to a fellow boardie? It took the boardie a month to reach Jamie even after leaving tons of messages...still not a word from Jamie....only after the boardie posted on this forum did the issue get resolved. I also think I recall another boardie also saying they bought a trimmed comic from Graham.

Did Jamie know they were trimmed?

I didn't imply the guy didn't show up just to avoid me. Don't be ridiculous. I can care less why he didn't show up.

I called his shop when he was back in town. He was just in the store that guy called "angry John" said. Plus, I said I was willing to buy other comics...still no call back.

I showed patience. I waited over a week to see if I would get a call back.

Sadly, your going to need some serious patience if your expecting a call back.

How many dealers at a convention would agree to take a return for no other reason than buyer mistake?

Although the OP was inconvenienced, the willingness to take a return on a convention purchase that was a restoration/hidden defect issue is pretty remarkable.

To impute some dishonesty to the mix is uncalled for, frankly. Most dealers at a convention would have said "No thanks" to someone asking for a refund or exchange the same day a book is purchased. This is a pain in the transaction, not a shady one.

Jamie has 9 stores in Chicago, and travels to pretty much every major convention in the country. It would be easy for me to sit on my and say it's unreasonable to not get a same day call back from someone, but I am not criss crossing the country at conventions and managing several stores and dozens of employees.

From my experience if Jamie said he'd take care of it for the OP, he will take care of it for the OP. The fact that it was the OP's mistake and no one elses that started this makes the entire name calling, "shady" dealing accusation inappropriate given that Jamie could have easily just said "NO" when asked to exchange the books.