• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT??? Whats it take to get a custom title?

89 posts in this topic

Why, because he doesn't back down when people call him names and he gives as good as he gets? Most of the people who argue with him can't string two coherent thoughts together and are nothing more than CGC haters who think that because collectors pay $50 for a modern in CGC 9.8, it is "all CGC's fault" that the entire comic industry will eventually come crashing down. Bug may be controversial, but he's one of the few people over on your board in the two sections I read (General Discussion and Professionally Graded Comics) who has the reasoning power beyond a third grade level. I don't spend as much time arguing with the CGC haters as he does, but I find them just as sophomoric. sign-rantpost.gif

There is a horrible liberal conspiracy going, of course, since that appears to be Marvelous/MMMmarvel/Bug's theory for everything, but we knew that. sign-rantpost.gif

most of my modding duties over on CPG are spent babysitting bugaboo, man that is a task in itself. 893frustrated.gif

I agree with you on almost everything, it's just that for Bug to get his point across he feels the need to call someone a name or say something in poor taste. If he kept all his replys within the forum rules on personal attacks and name calling, I wouldn't have the slightest problem with him,

His steadfast defense of CGC sometimes gets to the point where it's just comical to read. He can be funny sometimes in his frusteration of the "CGC Haters"

I think all the people repeatedly crying about not getting a custom title should be inducted into the "Crybaby Crew", and forever carry that as their custom title! 27_laughing.gif

If "crying" is taking part in the thread, then welcome to the Crew! thumbsup2.gif

Brock,

I haven't gone back and looked, but I'll bet if you checked, you'd see that at least half the name calling in his threads starts with someone else taking a shot at him. I don't know Bugaboo aside from these boards, and sure he can be a pain in the butt if you're arguing with him, but my sense of him is that he usually keeps it on topic and not personal unless someone gets personal with him first. Sure, it gets ugly then, but that's usually because the person he's arguing with isn't as good at slinging the insults as he is. But to blame him for the fight would be akin to punishing only the big kid who won the fight when the little kid came up and tried to cold [!@#%^&^] him during the middle of a regular discussion.

Why, because he doesn't back down when people call him names and he gives as good as he gets? Most of the people who argue with him can't string two coherent thoughts together and are nothing more than CGC haters who think that because collectors pay $50 for a modern in CGC 9.8, it is "all CGC's fault" that the entire comic industry will eventually come crashing down. Bug may be controversial, but he's one of the few people over on your board in the two sections I read (General Discussion and Professionally Graded Comics) who has the reasoning power beyond a third grade level. I don't spend as much time arguing with the CGC haters as he does, but I find them just as sophomoric. sign-rantpost.gif

There is a horrible liberal conspiracy going, of course, since that appears to be Marvelous/MMMmarvel/Bug's theory for everything, but we knew that. sign-rantpost.gif

most of my modding duties over on CPG are spent babysitting bugaboo, man that is a task in itself. 893frustrated.gif

I agree with you on almost everything, it's just that for Bug to get his point across he feels the need to call someone a name or say something in poor taste. If he kept all his replys within the forum rules on personal attacks and name calling, I wouldn't have the slightest problem with him,

His steadfast defense of CGC sometimes gets to the point where it's just comical to read. He can be funny sometimes in his frusteration of the "CGC Haters"

So Bug's a giant among lesser men. So what?

Your book shipped yesterday, FFB. Lmk when it reaches you.

Thank you sir! I look forward to receiving it and will let you know when it arrives. thumbsup2.gif

On the Bug issue, I'm not trying to elevate him to some lofty position. I just got a little miffed that Brockley made a comment about him that he obviously can't respond to himself, and that I thought was unfair given how I have seen the CPG discussions to have taken place.

I think all the people repeatedly crying about not getting a custom title should be inducted into the "Crybaby Crew", and forever carry that as their custom title! 27_laughing.gif

If "crying" is taking part in the thread, then welcome to the Crew! thumbsup2.gif

I rest my case! makepoint.gif

Thank you sir! I look forward to receiving it and will let you know when it arrives. thumbsup2.gif

On the Bug issue, I'm not trying to elevate him to some lofty position. I just got a little miffed that Brockley made a comment about him that he obviously can't respond to himself, and that I thought was unfair given how I have seen the CPG discussions to have taken place.

That's fair enough. I ought to check out the CPG boards, but I never seem to get round to it. Should be worth a perusal.......

And in all seriousness, there was an entire thread devoted to deciding which custom title to give me. JC Superstar, Mr. Crash, etc. were bandied about, but I stated that I didn't want one, and really have no interest in this banal activity.

Now as for if Arch would have actually given me one, if I hadn't nixxed the idea... now that's a whole different story. blush.gif

No seriously, how did you get yours?

I didn't do anything. I didn't PM or ask. It just appeared one day.

Exactly. And I think that's how most of us ended up getting one. Mine came from a comment in a post I made after rigorously beta-testing the registry.

Arch just seems to have an eye out for witty sayings (like "The English Impatient" or "The Godfather") made about members.

Alan

And in all seriousness, there was an entire thread devoted to deciding which custom title to give me. JC Superstar, Mr. Crash, etc. were bandied about, but I stated that I didn't want one, and really have no interest in this banal activity.

Now as for if Arch would have actually given me one, if I hadn't nixxed the idea... now that's a whole different story. blush.gif

You don't say? makepoint.gif

Not to name names, but why in the world with someone with no interest in this banal activity carry this sig line? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

"I find it highly amusing, that through over 7,000 posts, I still have yet to get a Custom Avatar Sig"

That was just a dig on someone posting that you needed X post (5K) or something to get a Custom Quote. As I had way more than that, the "go away little low-post children" comment kinda irritated me, so as usual, I spoke my mind.

I think I stayed out of that particular thread, but there was another (more serious) one where I stated I did not actually want one.

Just for the record, I came up with Ian's custom title, and I am quite proud of it. acclaim.gif

You should be-- it was an outstanding suggestion! Clever, fun-poking, yet completely un-cruel, and one Ian himself acknowledged fit him to a T. thumbsup2.gif

I've always heard ya gotta be careful what you ask for. People were lobbying Arch to give Ricky Dogg some title like McGruff the Crime Dogg or somesuch for his eBay anti-scammer activities. So Arch twisted it around to be Vigilante Dachshund.

How's the saying go...."Be careful what you wish for....it may come true"... insane.gif

I'm not wishing for anything, just answering the question in a candid way. I asked a few people how they got their titles, and it was "If you're in with Arch, just send him a PM".

As I'm obviously no t"in" with the Forum Brass, why bother?

You never asked me!! frown.gif

Everyone knows what a good "butt-kisser" I am and how "in" with the Forum Brass I must be.

You're full of it on an almost Supa-esque level, Joe.

How's the saying go...."Be careful what you wish for....it may come true"... insane.gif

I'm not wishing for anything, just answering the question in a candid way. I asked a few people how they got their titles, and it was "If you're in with Arch, just send him a PM".

As I'm obviously no t"in" with the Forum Brass, why bother?

I aint "in with Arch" either...all I did was drop a quick PM asking..."Howzabout giving me a custom title"...an hour later ...viola .... smile.gif

Oh man. You actually DID ask for a custom title? tonofbricks.gif

Well, Joe, I guess I take back some of what I said. SOME. wink.gif