• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On speaking terms and trying to solve the problem

448 posts in this topic

There most have been something wrong with the addressing right, otherwise it wouldn't have been returned?

You do realize that there are about three dozen other possibilities, right?

actually no, but that is possibly me.... I can only tell for sure that they have never been close to my home...

Assuming that they were addressed wrong is foolish. Why would you neg a seller that is trying to fix a shipping snafu? Why am I participating in this thread?

To do your part in easing U.S.-German tensions?

I posted a sketch of Enemy Ace earlier. I thought i already was. (shrug)

Haha.... see it didn't take long!

Todd can be a bit of a grouch sometimes.

Great, another grouch.

Ha, ha. I love how someone will say so and so's a grouch, or so and so's curmudgeon, as it's somehow an excuse for their business practises, or lack there of.

Calm down, Sparky.

Your comprehension skills are lacking. It was a statement of fact, stated in a commiserating manner, not an excuse of any kind.

Um, I'm not sparky.

I understand you're not the one making the excuse, and it's my fault for including your post. My statement was directed at the previous post, your comprehension skills are'nt so great either.

My comprehension skills are probably in the 99th percentile as far as this board goes. As you yourself state, there's no other conclusion one can make from your response to me than the one I made, so my comprehension skills are right on target, unless you include "mind reading" as part of "comprehension skills."

But, it's just a chat board, and I've no intention to get into a flame war over it, that distracts the issue away from the missing books.

My apologies.

Apology accepted.

There most have been something wrong with the addressing right, otherwise it wouldn't have been returned?

actually no, but that is possibly me.... I can only tell for sure that they have never been close to my home...

Assuming that they were addressed wrong is foolish. Why would you neg a seller that is trying to fix a shipping snafu? Why am I participating in this thread?

Why is the sky blue?

I have bought many books from him in the past and never had a problem. He used to undergrade big time, but not anymore. He also doesn't have high grade/dollar books like before.

The vast, vast, vast bulk of my late silver and bronze collection was purchased from Zillaf4 over the last 11 years. Without him, I wouldn't have 20 or so gorgeous copies of Warlock #10.

:cloud9:

To do your part in easing U.S.-German tensions?

In case WW II comes up next, I'm actually Dutch....

That's no fun. No anti-Dutch comics come to mind,,, but the night is still young (over here).

Seriously, while it sucks to be on the short end of a deal that has complications, the tendency to publicly blast reliable, trustworthy dealers in a public forum is getting ridiculous.

Hate to burst the original poster's disgruntled bubble, but Todd is one of THE MOST RELIABLE, TRUSTWORTHY, and undergrading dealers there is. End of story.

Understand his position--how unreliable international shipping can be, how many problems there are, and how many crooks take advantage of these issues, and maybe you can understand how he feels his only option is to rely on what the tracking info says.

Hope you can get this worked out. Not every screwed up transaction belongs on the boards, especially when it involves known good guys.

I have bought many books from him in the past and never had a problem. He used to undergrade big time, but not anymore. He also doesn't have high grade/dollar books like before.

The vast, vast, vast bulk of my late silver and bronze collection was purchased from Zillaf4 over the last 11 years. Without him, I wouldn't have 20 or so gorgeous copies of Warlock #10.

Last December, Todd listed a bunch of Star Wars carded figures. I took the transaction off-eBay, did a deal worth close to $2000 (but didn't pay that much which is why I took the deal off-eBay). I made payment using PayPal gift. The figures I purchased were securely packaged and are some of the best examples I have seen to date.

That was the first deal I ever did with Todd and the only time I have ever sent payment to anyone using gift that I didn't know or deal with before.

In my experiences, he's demonstrated he's a top-notch seller and it's unfortunate you had a bad experience.

That was in the past - Blue is correct about the present.

Last December, Todd listed a bunch of Star Wars carded figures. I took the transaction off-eBay, did a deal worth close to $2000 (but didn't pay that much which is why I took the deal off-eBay). I made payment using PayPal gift. The figures I purchased were securely packaged and are some of the best examples I have seen to date.

That was the first deal I ever did with Todd and the only time I have ever sent payment to anyone using gift that I didn't know or deal with before.

In my experiences, he's demonstrated he's a top-notch seller and it's unfortunate you had a bad experience.

Who are you responding to...?

Oh, and using Paypal "Gift" payment for something that was clearly merchandise...

Sigh.

Everyone harps and harps and harps on honesty, yet no one has a problem stealing from Paypal.

:eyeroll:

That was in the past - Blue is correct about the present.

Oh God, it's painful...

Was someone contradicting Blue...? Or just adding his own personal experience to the mix....?

(thumbs u

Who are you responding to...?

Oh, and using Paypal "Gift" payment for something that was clearly merchandise...

Sigh.

Everyone harps and harps and harps on honesty, yet no one has a problem stealing from Paypal.

:eyeroll:

:whatev:

Repeatedly telling your customers that their books are at their "crappy post office" when they are not is just part of that MOST RELIABLE, TRUSTWORTHY service. (shrug)

I am aware that this dealer is generally very good, but it sounds like he handled this transaction badly.

I would have opened a Paypal dispute as well. I'm pretty sure that the poster will get their money back via that dispute. At the resolution of that dispute, I would likely leave negative feedback as well.

I understand that the dealer is in a frustrating spot, but that is part of selling comics by international mail. I would have expected this dealer to handle the issue with a little more professionalism.

Seriously, while it sucks to be on the short end of a deal that has complications, the tendency to publicly blast reliable, trustworthy dealers in a public forum is getting ridiculous.

Hate to burst the original poster's disgruntled bubble, but Todd is one of THE MOST RELIABLE, TRUSTWORTHY, and undergrading dealers there is. End of story.

Understand his position--how unreliable international shipping can be, how many problems there are, and how many crooks take advantage of these issues, and maybe you can understand how he feels his only option is to rely on what the tracking info says.

Hope you can get this worked out. Not every screwed up transaction belongs on the boards, especially when it involves known good guys.

There's always two sides to every story, and patience is in order. Especially when dealing with one of the most reliable dealers around.

Repeatedly telling your customers that their books are at their "crappy post office" when they are not is just part of that MOST RELIABLE, TRUSTWORTHY service. (shrug)

I am aware that this dealer is generally very good, but it sounds like he handled this transaction badly.

I would have opened a Paypal dispute as well. I'm pretty sure that the poster will get their money back via that dispute. At the resolution of that dispute, I would likely leave negative feedback as well.

I understand that the dealer is in a frustrating spot, but that is part of selling comics by international mail. I would have expected this dealer to handle the issue with a little more professionalism.

Here's a link to the tracking info he posted in response to the negative feedback

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=ec%20719%20051%20502%20us

It looks like it was hijacked by their cr@ppy post office, or am I missing something? :shrug:

..., feel the :luhv:

Todd is probably the best seller I have dealt with on eBay and the most conservative grader I have met. I bought hundreds of books from him for the last ten years with only the greatest satisfaction. Many of his Fine+ or VF copies came back from CGC as 9.2/9.4/9.6.
I'm not concerned about the grading, scans looked accurate.... it is his shipment, and his way of communicating to resolve the problem....He keeps on stating that the books are at my "Crappy post office", which they are not!

I'm really surprised that Todd would respond in that way and refuse to do anything to resolve the problem. My hunch is that something went awry in transit, or it is difficult to track. I hope that you finally do get the package. But, I know, you would have hoped for cooperation. I see you carpet-bombed him with tons of negative feedback. Geez, what a bad situation.

He kept on that stating that I was not picking up the books at the post office, and that there was nothing he can do about... so I posted the negative feedback in a bad tempered mood, because I was not getting ahead in this situation... as a response he sent me the following message:

NOW THAT YOU LEFT NEG FEEDBACK WE ARE DONE WORKING ON THIS MATTER. IN FACT MY POST OFFICE WAS MAKING HEAD WAY ON THE PACKAGE AND I JUST CALLED HIM TO STOP ANY WORK. ONCE THE BOOKS ARE DELIVERY DOWN THE ROAD I WILL FILE WITH EBAY TO GET THE NEG'S REMOVED AND THEY WILL BE REMOVED. THEY BOOKS WERE IN YOUR COUNTRY 4 DAYS AFTER I SHIPPED THEM. IT IS YOUR CRAPPY POST OFFICE THAT HAS YOUR BOOKS AND THEY ARE 30 MILES FROM YOUR HOME RIGHT NOW.

He is not willing to tell me where do, so we can resolve the matter!

Since you negged him, there's no way to resolve the matter. Nor, quite frankly, does he have any reason to do so. The transaction is over.