• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On speaking terms and trying to solve the problem

448 posts in this topic

He kept on that stating that I was not picking up the books at the post office, and that there was nothing he can do about... so I posted the negative feedback in a bad tempered mood, because I was not getting ahead in this situation...

Are you okay with what you did? Negging somebody before the transaction is complete?

Seems to me that was a really bad move on your part. If the books show up and it really does turn out to be a post office issue, then you owe the seller a big apology. Not only that, but you should get on the phone with eBay and do whatever you can to get the neg removed.

Also, have you made any phone calls or visits to your post office? In my experience, what usually happens with international orders is that they try to deliver them, and if you're not home they leave a slip of paper that says the package is at the post office for pick-up. That little slip of paper easily gets misplaced or lost in between piles of junk mail.

As stated, I went to the post-office multiple times, last time being yesterday... I am okay with the negative feedback.. I wouldn't have posted it if he was seriously trying to resolve the matter, which from the beginning he didn't. I considered it to be an instrument to get him in motion... The moment the matter is resolved, we can mutually revise the feedback....

Here's a link to the tracking info he posted in response to the negative feedback

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=ec%20719%20051%20502%20us

It looks like it was hijacked by their cr@ppy post office, or am I missing something? :shrug:

..., feel the :luhv:

Here is the german counterpart to that:

http://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/set_identcodes.do?lang=de&idc=EC719051502US&rfn=&extendedSearch=true

The books never entered the 100 Miles radius around my home....Saulheim is the place were the shipments are being returned...

The seller never had the info that they were at the post-office, he just stated it without verification...

Here's a link to the tracking info he posted in response to the negative feedback

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=ec%20719%20051%20502%20us

It looks like it was hijacked by their cr@ppy post office, or am I missing something? :shrug:

http://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/set_identcodes.do?lang=de&idc=EC719051502US&rfn=&extendedSearch=true

The books never entered the 100 Miles radius around my home....Saulheim is the place were the shipments are being returned...

The seller never had the info that they were at the post-office, he just stated it without verification...

doh!(shrug)

lol My last name is one of the only German words I can read :baiting:

Relevant are the mentioned cities under "Ort", Dorsten and Saulheim are at least a three-hour drive away.... hence nowhere near me around the 1st. of July. Where USPS states "attempted delivery" (at 7:11 AM, yeah right....) the german tracking info states they entered into custom, which they left the same day....

There most have been something wrong with the addressing, which prevented the package to be delivered to me (or at least come close).

doh!(shrug)

Relevant are the places under "Ort"; Dorsten and Saulheim are at least a three-hour drive away... the books were nowhere near my home at the 1st. of July....

Where USPS states an attempted delivery on the 1st. of July (7:11 AM :screwy:), the DHL states they entered into customs, which they left the same day.... There most have been something wrong with the addressing, preventing the books from being delivered.....

As stated, I went to the post-office multiple times, last time being yesterday... I am okay with the negative feedback.. I wouldn't have posted it if he was seriously trying to resolve the matter, which from the beginning he didn't. I considered it to be an instrument to get him in motion... The moment the matter is resolved, we can mutually revise the feedback....

Well, good luck to you. I agree, the seller ought to try to be helpful as much as possible. Still, it's all speculation until you get your books and find out if they were properly addressed, etc. Have you telephoned the customs office, or the post office where undeliverable mail ends up?

Well, good luck to you. I agree, the seller ought to try to be helpful as much as possible. Still, it's all speculation until you get your books and find out if they were properly addressed, etc. Have you telephoned the customs office, or the post office where undeliverable mail ends up?

I've contacted the local customs 3 or 4 times, they haven't received the package either..... I trust the DHL info that the books haven been returned to the US

A Neg is never an instument to get a seller to respond favorably. A buyer gives a neg, the seller will not cooperate at all, they have zero reason to, you just gave the ultimate middle finger. I am sure this particular seller did send the lot as he said, as he always does, he is a miodel ebay seller.

A Neg is never an instument to get a seller to respond favorably. A buyer gives a neg, the seller will not cooperate at all, they have zero reason to, you just gave the ultimate middle finger. I am sure this particular seller did send the lot as he said, as he always does, he is a miodel ebay seller.
If he is a model ebayer, then the communication and the willingness to resolve issues is lousy..... .I'm not questioning the fact that he sent out the books..... The issue is his unwillingness to resolve problems, at least in this case (before the neg. feedback was ever posted)....

Furthermore, have a look at his feedback...this is not the first shipment issue....

If he is a model ebayer, then the communication and the willingness to resolve issues is lousy..... .I'm not questioning the fact that he sent out the books..... The issue is his unwillingness to resolve problems, at least in this case (before the neg. feedback was ever posted)....

What would you have liked him to do? His information says the books are in Germany, yours says something in German, apparently that they have been returned. He doesn't have them, and you have indicated that you don't have them and you are not going to check any of the "100s" of postal offices within 30 miles of you.

What should he be doing that you are doing to resolve the issue? The real answer is that you needed to be patient until the thing sorted itself out better. But you didn't and you negged him and now you are SOL.

Your impatience and irascible nature has just as much to do with this as the shipping SNAFU. Own it.

What would you have liked him to do? His information says the books are in Germany, yours says something in German, apparently that they have been returned. He doesn't have them, and you have indicated that you don't have them and you are not going to check any of the "100s" of postal offices within 30 miles of you.

What should he be doing that you are doing to resolve the issue? The real answer is that you needed to be patient until the thing sorted itself out better. But you didn't and you negged him and now you are SOL.

Your impatience and irascible nature has just as much to do with this as the shipping SNAFU. Own it.

I'm going to dub you the ginger hammer.

Nail on head.

Todd is probably the best seller I have dealt with on eBay and the most conservative grader I have met. I bought hundreds of books from him for the last ten years with only the greatest satisfaction. Many of his Fine+ or VF copies came back from CGC as 9.2/9.4/9.6.
I'm not concerned about the grading, scans looked accurate.... it is his shipment, and his way of communicating to resolve the problem....He keeps on stating that the books are at my "Crappy post office", which they are not!

I'm really surprised that Todd would respond in that way and refuse to do anything to resolve the problem. My hunch is that something went awry in transit, or it is difficult to track. I hope that you finally do get the package. But, I know, you would have hoped for cooperation. I see you carpet-bombed him with tons of negative feedback. Geez, what a bad situation.

He kept on that stating that I was not picking up the books at the post office, and that there was nothing he can do about... so I posted the negative feedback in a bad tempered mood, because I was not getting ahead in this situation... as a response he sent me the following message:

NOW THAT YOU LEFT NEG FEEDBACK WE ARE DONE WORKING ON THIS MATTER. IN FACT MY POST OFFICE WAS MAKING HEAD WAY ON THE PACKAGE AND I JUST CALLED HIM TO STOP ANY WORK. ONCE THE BOOKS ARE DELIVERY DOWN THE ROAD I WILL FILE WITH EBAY TO GET THE NEG'S REMOVED AND THEY WILL BE REMOVED. THEY BOOKS WERE IN YOUR COUNTRY 4 DAYS AFTER I SHIPPED THEM. IT IS YOUR CRAPPY POST OFFICE THAT HAS YOUR BOOKS AND THEY ARE 30 MILES FROM YOUR HOME RIGHT NOW.

He is not willing to tell me where do, so we can resolve the matter!

Since you negged him, there's no way to resolve the matter. Nor, quite frankly, does he have any reason to do so. The transaction is over.

I've warned him upfront to change his "at the post-office" attitude; he didn't do anything to solve the matter before I posted... I have indicated that I'm willing to work on a revision of the feedback the moment the matter is resolved...and I will do also, unless I'll have to wait until the PP refund... For me the transaction is clearly not over!

You negged him already. The transaction is 100% over.

Yep, you leave feedback when a transaction is done. You left negative feedback, the transaction is done. The seller is no longer obligated to help you in any way (especially after a negative).

Nail on head.

You almost got a taste earlier with that double post of your rambling namby-pambyisms. But I am too busy.

Nail on head.

You almost got a taste earlier with that double post of your rambling namby-pambyisms. But I am too busy.

Oh, sorry, didn't realize you were commissioned by the free speech police.

:baiting:

I agree. The transaction is over. He should get his money back (which may take weeks) and move on.

But that doesn't change these facts:

The buyer had a bad experience from this seller through really no fault of his own. The seller did not respond in a positive, customer service oriented way.

The seller has a history of doing this.

The buyer knowing these things got frustrated and now has to wait to get his money back.

That is not a good experience. Should the buyer have been more patient and polite in his dealings? Probably. Was he wrong in leaving negative feedback? Hard to say.

Ebay has become a real trash heap to buy through. There are so many bad sellers that it really is caveat emptor. The only tool we have to fix this and force sellers to clean up their act or get out is the feedback system. Most of the time, people have a bad experience with a seller, chalk it up to a learning experience and then don't leave any feedback, or worse, leave positive feedback (thinking they don't want to be a jerk about $40 or whatever). If the buyer has to send books back to the seller, it was not a good experience. If the buyer feels that the books aren't as advertised, that isn't a good experience. Everyone freaks out about someone tarnishing a sellers 100% positive feedback, but if it isn't truly deserved, then it is a lie.

Having said all of this, I do think Todd is a good guy. He just gets frustrated as all people sometimes do and mistakenly lets it out on customers. And as a seller, I can tell you that there are plenty of unreasonable buyers out there that can't be satisfied.

Nail on head.

Oh, sorry, didn't realize you were commissioned by the free speech police.

:baiting:

Just because speech is free doesn't mean you should unleash a double dose of the same shiite.