• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On speaking terms and trying to solve the problem

448 posts in this topic

It sounds like the package is now in transit, whether returned or not. The Tracking info the seller is looking at probably says "delivered," but he has no additional info yet.

Based on my experience shipping overseas, I can never view any tracking info after the parcel goes through customs.

In any case, you have not received them so filing a claim was/is your best course of action. It's not the sellers fault either, it's just one of those things that happens sometimes.

They may yet turn up, hopefully...

It sounds like the package is now in transit, whether returned or not. The Tracking info the seller is looking at probably says "delivered," but he has no additional info yet.

Based on my experience shipping overseas, I can never view any tracking info after the parcel goes through customs.

In any case, you have not received them so filing a claim was/is your best course of action. It's not the sellers fault either, it's just one of those things that happens sometimes.

They may yet turn up, hopefully...

I do hope hope they turn up so I can drop the claim.... I've never blamed him for the fact the shipment didn't arrive, he kept blaming me that I was not picking up the books at the local post office, and that there was nothing more he could do about it. I've checked multiple times; why would I buy and pay for comics and leave them in the Post Office afterward?

Todd can be a bit of a grouch sometimes.

Great, another grouch.

Ha, ha. I love how someone will say so and so's a grouch, or so and so's curmudgeon, as it's somehow an excuse for their business practises, or lack there of.

Calm down, Sparky.

Your comprehension skills are lacking. It was a statement of fact, stated in a commiserating manner, not an excuse of any kind.

Um, I'm not sparky.

I understand you're not the one making the excuse, and it's my fault for including your post. My statement was directed at the previous post, your comprehension skills are'nt so great either. But, it's just a chat board, and I've no intention to get into a flame war over it, that distracts the issue away from the missing books.

My apologies.

Todd is probably the best seller I have dealt with on eBay and the most conservative grader I have met. I bought hundreds of books from him for the last ten years with only the greatest satisfaction. Many of his Fine+ or VF copies came back from CGC as 9.2/9.4/9.6.
I'm not concerned about the grading, scans looked accurate.... it is his shipment, and his way of communicating to resolve the problem....He keeps on stating that the books are at my "Crappy post office", which they are not!

I'm really surprised that Todd would respond in that way and refuse to do anything to resolve the problem. My hunch is that something went awry in transit, or it is difficult to track. I hope that you finally do get the package. But, I know, you would have hoped for cooperation. I see you carpet-bombed him with tons of negative feedback. Geez, what a bad situation.

Just a heads up I have had packages shipped before Christmas priority and they have arrived on Valentines day it does happen.

The DHL is quite clear in their statement that the books have been returned to the US.... if the books pop up at any door, it is probably one in the US....There most have been something wrong with the addressing right, otherwise it wouldn't have been returned?

There most have been something wrong with the addressing right, otherwise it wouldn't have been returned?

You do realize that there are about three dozen other possibilities, right?

Todd is probably the best seller I have dealt with on eBay and the most conservative grader I have met. I bought hundreds of books from him for the last ten years with only the greatest satisfaction. Many of his Fine+ or VF copies came back from CGC as 9.2/9.4/9.6.
I'm not concerned about the grading, scans looked accurate.... it is his shipment, and his way of communicating to resolve the problem....He keeps on stating that the books are at my "Crappy post office", which they are not!

I'm really surprised that Todd would respond in that way and refuse to do anything to resolve the problem. My hunch is that something went awry in transit, or it is difficult to track. I hope that you finally do get the package. But, I know, you would have hoped for cooperation. I see you carpet-bombed him with tons of negative feedback. Geez, what a bad situation.

He kept on that stating that I was not picking up the books at the post office, and that there was nothing he can do about... so I posted the negative feedback in a bad tempered mood, because I was not getting ahead in this situation... as a response he sent me the following message:

NOW THAT YOU LEFT NEG FEEDBACK WE ARE DONE WORKING ON THIS MATTER. IN FACT MY POST OFFICE WAS MAKING HEAD WAY ON THE PACKAGE AND I JUST CALLED HIM TO STOP ANY WORK. ONCE THE BOOKS ARE DELIVERY DOWN THE ROAD I WILL FILE WITH EBAY TO GET THE NEG'S REMOVED AND THEY WILL BE REMOVED. THEY BOOKS WERE IN YOUR COUNTRY 4 DAYS AFTER I SHIPPED THEM. IT IS YOUR CRAPPY POST OFFICE THAT HAS YOUR BOOKS AND THEY ARE 30 MILES FROM YOUR HOME RIGHT NOW.

He is not willing to tell me where do, so we can resolve the matter!

There most have been something wrong with the addressing right, otherwise it wouldn't have been returned?

actually no, but that is possibly me.... I can only tell for sure that they have never been close to my home...

actually no, but that is possibly me.... I can only tell for sure that they have never been close to my home...

Assuming that they were addressed wrong is foolish. Why would you neg a seller that is trying to fix a shipping snafu? Why am I participating in this thread?

That's too bad. These things can get confusing sometimes, because the tracking info you have and the tracking info he has, are saying two different things. Which is not that uncommon when it comes to the Internaitonal stuff, because of the different shipping services.

I had two orders get lost this year, out of over 100 Internatiional shipments I made. One was my fault because I made a mistake addressing the package, and the other was a mistake the buyer had made when giving me their address.

We were able to resolve it both times, but it was stressful. Hopefully this can get figured out too.

Assuming that they were addressed wrong is foolish. Why would you neg a seller that is trying to fix a shipping snafu? Why am I participating in this thread?

Because you missed the delightfulness that was the Jamie Graham one?

He was not trying to fix it ...he kept on telling me that I was too lazy to go to my post office to collect the comics...

That's too bad. These things can get confusing sometimes, because the tracking info you have and the tracking info he has, are saying two different things. Which is not that uncommon when it comes to the Internaitonal stuff, because of the different shipping services.

I had two orders get lost this year, out of over 100 Internatiional shipments I made. One was my fault because I made a mistake addressing the package, and the other was a mistake the buyer had made when giving me their address.

We were able to resolve it both times, but it was stressful. Hopefully this can get figured out too.

Thanks...I hope so too.... I feel bad about it...no money, no books! :cry:

To do your part in easing U.S.-German tensions?

In case WW II comes up next, I'm actually Dutch....

I posted a sketch of Enemy Ace earlier. I thought i already was. (shrug)