• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On speaking terms and trying to solve the problem

448 posts in this topic

And it continues to baffle me how parcels from as close as Seattle or California still take 3 weeks to get to me - no exceptions. :(
I can pretty much guaranty the problem isn't on this side of the border. I get packages from Canada in about the same time as U.S. shipments. It's probably a customs deal on your end - U.S. isn't concerned with collecting taxes on incoming stuff, so things probably just breeze in.

Prior to about 3 years ago, the standard delivery time for USA (and UK) originating packages was 9-11 days -TOPS! It is now 20-30 days, and sometimes even longer. Parcels from Japan don't even get held at customs, apparently, as they take only 8-10 days!

But then again, it also takes 11 days for a parcel to reach me from Milton. :(

Interesting how the USA government doesn't collect import duties/taxes on mailed packages. I'm assuming though the USA anti-terrorist industry must have some kind of machinery checking for bombs and poisons sent though the mail - no? I'd be very surprised if they just let parcels flow freely into the country (but I could be wrong)?

JD, You were never at risk of losing your paypal funds. If the books never arrive you get the refund, the pp system is extremely pro buyer. He doesnt have an inside man working in the german package delivery system, and there is not a conspiracy to detain your books.

I cannot imagine why he would want to help you after you gave him the ultimate screw you with 10 negs because you didnt like the tone of his response to your email pestering. PP is a slam dunk for the buyer, you wait, if you dont get the books you file a claim and get your refund, no need for drama.

I've mailed Todd today, to explain why I've left negative feedback. He got me raving mad, because he kept repeating that the books were a the post-office although I went there almost daily. He knows (now) as a matter-of-fact that the books were never at my post-office. I would like to follow his lead that the books are 30 miles from my home. Probably he will not give me the exact location unless I resolve the neg. feedback. Would this influence the PP-decision on the claim in case the books are lost forever?

By the way, the percentage of positive feedback remained at 99.8%. My feedback didn't influence this percentage....

You appear to be very disoriented. Are you new to eBay and receiving parcels via the mail, by chance?

I have bought many books from him in the past and never had a problem. He used to undergrade big time, but not anymore. He also doesn't have high grade/dollar books like before.

The vast, vast, vast bulk of my late silver and bronze collection was purchased from Zillaf4 over the last 11 years. Without him, I wouldn't have 20 or so gorgeous copies of Warlock #10.

:cloud9:

That was in the past - Blue is correct about the present.

I bought several lots of Dark Horse Alien/Predator books from him about a year ago. They were not undergraded, some were overgraded, but most were graded properly. Definitely an above average E-Bay seller, but these days, that's probably not saying much.

I will restate and keep it simple:

Seller says that he knows were the books are: 30 miles from my home. Probable he is not giving the exact location, until I revise/remove the negative feedback (at least that is what he indicated earlier). Can I do so, without it effecting the outcome of the PayPal claim?

Seller says that he knows were the books are: 30 miles from my home. Probable he is not giving the exact location, until I revise/remove the negative feedback (at least that is what he indicated earlier). Can I do so, without it effecting the outcome of the PayPal claim?

You left 10 separate negs?

I'll naively presume this is relevant for the answer to my question....... yes, I left 10 negs

Could you please give us your ebay handle so I can add you to my "blocked bidders "list (thumbs u

You are leaving neg's for something that is totally out of the seller's control doh!

Feedback ratings and PP claims are two seperate issues. There should be no problem with having one without the other.

Filing a PP claim has no effect on a sellers rating status, nor does it tarnish his rep, because it's just between you and the seller, PP and the funding source.

The reason most sellers don't like it, is because the funds can be withdrawn from their PP account if the arbitration process determines they are at fault. But, in this case it seems most likely (if the package remains lost) that ebay or PP's insurance would re-imburse you, with no loss to the seller.

Could you please give us your ebay handle so I can add you to my "blocked bidders "list (thumbs u

You are leaving neg's for something that is totally out of the seller's control doh!

.....read the threat and you'll find out the handle.... Or just look at the neg. feedb. left for the seller in the title doh!

I'll naively presume this is relevant for the answer to my question....... yes, I left 10 negs

Why 10, that number is as arbitrary as 16 or 8? (shrug)

I see your point about being upset. I would be as well. The problem is your anger is skewing your perspective.

The seller provided shipping info that clearly shows the package being received in your country at a post office. Now if Germany's postal system made an error and delivered the package to the wrong address, who do you think would be most effective in rectifying the situation.

Leaving out who the onus actually falls on based upon the facts of this transaction, do you think that a citizen of Germany or the US would have a greater chance of resolving this matter.

You keep stating that your post office does not have the package every time you go there. I get it, they don't have it, but should. Go further, take the shipping info and show it to the post master. You just expect that the seller should take the loss, due to an error by the German Post office? You have to do some work here, and going or calling the same post office over and over is not an effective use of your time.

Stop repeatedly leaving negative feedbacks, it's petty and immature. You have a problem with one transaction not ten. It only serves to solidify to the seller that you are lying, not trying to help the situation, or just not worth the effort.

As stated....the Seller claims to know where the books are... that's why I asked the question about withdrawing the neg. feedback... he 'll probably not giving it to me without me withdrawing/revising the feedback