• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On speaking terms and trying to solve the problem

448 posts in this topic

Lets look at it from his perspective.

1) You're an overseas buyer. That's ALREADY a pain in the .

2) You wanted it sent priority, he wanted it send Express. You don't understand why, and complained, but he sent it Express, so it can be tracked.

3) He sent your order out very promptly - according to the tracking information.

4) The order was received in Germany again very promptly - according to the tracking information.

5) He gets emails from you saying, essentially, where are my books, you criminal.

6) He checks the tracking information which says the books are in Germany and in Customs.

7) At this point there's nothing he can do besides telling you to go get the books from German customs.

8) You send nastier and nastier emails.

9) He again says the books are in Germany and in Customs and GO GET THEM.

10) You neg him.

Now we're at (11), where he says "fahr zur holle, wichser" and blocks you on eBay. There's no other outcome.

There's no other outcome.

Philosophically, there may be no other outcome, but in reality, there are other avenues.

Negative feedback can be retracted now. It's not your father's negs.

Negative feedback can be retracted, but it takes both sides to work it out. Zilla has (1) blocked him (2) washed his hands of him and (3) told him to fahr zur holle.

2) You wanted it sent priority, he wanted it send Express. You don't understand why, and complained, but he sent it Express, so it can be tracked.

3) He sent your order out very promptly - according to the tracking information.

4) The order was received in Germany again very promptly - according to the tracking information.

5) He gets emails from you saying, essentially, where are my books, you criminal.

6) He checks the tracking information which says the books are in Germany and in Customs.

7) At this point there's nothing he can do besides telling you to go get the books from German customs.

10) You neg him.

Now we're at (11), where he says "fahr zur holle, wichser" and blocks you on eBay. There's no other outcome.

Which case does this refer to? assumption is the mother of all -ups.....you only got point 10 right. I you don't mind I will not verify point 11...

Very Seller-minded!

If an Ebayer doesn't like international buyers, he/she should exclude them... I was good for the money though!

There's no other outcome.

Philosophically, there may be no other outcome, but in reality, there are other avenues.

Negative feedback can be retracted now. It's not your father's negs.

Negative feedback can be retracted, but it takes both sides to work it out. Zilla has (1) blocked him (2) washed his hands of him and (3) told him to fahr zur holle.

...and now he will lose the books and the money. He states that he has the information for me to recover the books, but doesn't want to provide it, although I have indicated that I wouldn't mind to drive 30 miles to recover the books (after a verification that is)... I've always tried to resolve this case, he never cared in the first place....

It sounds like the package is now in transit, whether returned or not. The Tracking info the seller is looking at probably says "delivered," but he has no additional info yet.

Based on my experience shipping overseas, I can never view any tracking info after the parcel goes through customs.

In any case, you have not received them so filing a claim was/is your best course of action. It's not the sellers fault either, it's just one of those things that happens sometimes.

They may yet turn up, hopefully...

I do hope hope they turn up so I can drop the claim.... I've never blamed him for the fact the shipment didn't arrive, he kept blaming me that I was not picking up the books at the local post office, and that there was nothing more he could do about it. I've checked multiple times; why would I buy and pay for comics and leave them in the Post Office afterward?

he can only go by what the computer tells him is the case. he's not going to fly to germany to check it himself. maybe he's tired of foreign scammers claiming non-receipt, getting a refund and keeping the books? not saying you're one of them (you wouldn't be coming here if you were), but with the volume he does i suspect he's been burned in the past.

Also his auctions clearly state

IF SHIPPING OUTSIDE THE US AND YOU HAVE UNDER 50 FEEDBACK

AND YOUR ORDER IS OVER $100.00 YOU MUST PAY FOR EXPRESS MAIL.

Clearly you say..... It's dark blue against a black background.... I only saw it after the 4th book.... I initially looked at the shipping-info in the header...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220794525651&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I've never made a big deal out of it though, neither is it an issue here!

...and now he will lose the books and the money. He states that he has the information for me to recover the books, but doesn't want to provide it, although I have indicated that I wouldn't mind to drive 30 miles to recover the books (after a verification that is)... I've always tried to resolve this case, he never cared in the first place....

You exhibit characteristics of a completely unreasonable person and are likely a buttsniffer.

It sounds like the package is now in transit, whether returned or not. The Tracking info the seller is looking at probably says "delivered," but he has no additional info yet.

Based on my experience shipping overseas, I can never view any tracking info after the parcel goes through customs.

In any case, you have not received them so filing a claim was/is your best course of action. It's not the sellers fault either, it's just one of those things that happens sometimes.

They may yet turn up, hopefully...

I do hope hope they turn up so I can drop the claim.... I've never blamed him for the fact the shipment didn't arrive, he kept blaming me that I was not picking up the books at the local post office, and that there was nothing more he could do about it. I've checked multiple times; why would I buy and pay for comics and leave them in the Post Office afterward?

he can only go by what the computer tells him is the case. he's not going to fly to germany to check it himself. maybe he's tired of foreign scammers claiming non-receipt, getting a refund and keeping the books? not saying you're one of them (you wouldn't be coming here if you were), but with the volume he does i suspect he's been burned in the past.

In the end I didn't make a problem out of the Express Mail, I rather felt more confident... I think you're wrong about that he can only go by what the computer tells him. It didn't tell him anything after the 1st. of July, and why would I be lying about the books not being at the post-office. What would be my angle... The guy never bothered to solve the problem, and that is what I'm trying to explain here. But the main tendency is: International buyer = bad guy. It is quite simple to exclude them from bidding on your items if you don't want them. Once you don't exclude them, you shouldn't treat them as inferior in terms of service!

You exhibit characteristics of a completely unreasonable person and are likely a buttsniffer.

A sip of this will solve your problem.....or, at second glance, take the whole bottle.... if you fancy it, and it seems you do, you can insert the bottle rectally...

113607.jpg.79438b3d0812c3405539e02654b477dc.jpg

A sip of this will solve your problem.....or, at second glance, take the whole bottle.... if you fancy it, and it seems you do, you can insert the bottle rectally...

lol

You're so not long for this board....

Or, alternatively, you'll become one of its superstars.

(thumbs u

10) You neg him.

Which case does this refer to? assumption is the mother of all -ups.....you only got point 10 right. I you don't mind I will not verify point 11...

Very Seller-minded!

If an Ebayer doesn't like international buyers, he/she should exclude them... I was good for the money though!

What points did I get wrong? I'm sure none.

How many people have blocked you on eBay since this thread started? hm

You may have been COMPLETELY IN THE RIGHT, but you've come across as being a complete and total tool.

Second time today this thread has made me laugh out loud. That was great!!

^^

10) You neg him.

Very Seller-minded!

What points did I get wrong? I'm sure none.

How many people have blocked you on eBay since this thread started? hm

You may have been COMPLETELY IN THE RIGHT, but you've come across as being a complete and total tool.

You didn't get the point at all...