• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Thing prequel trailer

62 posts in this topic

Technically speaking, the initial contact with the non-English speaking people (Norwegian's) was in itself, a change from the original film. It happens in remakes

Arctic or Antarctic Could you actually tell the difference within the confines of a base camp? Would it make any real difference?

As far as the alien being a plant in the Hawk's film - yeah, I give you that. The alien being a "carrot" was a heck of a diversion. :grin:

Buh-duhm-buhm

Thats kinda like Escape from NY music...Buhhhh duhm- buhm buhm

It's like most of John Carpenter's music. I think it's closer to "Prince of Darkness." I really like that movie. I was SO wasted when I first saw it. Almost too wasted. Just when I thought I was starting to pull myself together, the scene with the computer equipment moving by itself startled the piz out of me and and I darn near lost it again. Lesson? If you go green :insane: , take deep, regular breaths. Don't breathe shallow.

Technically speaking, the initial contact with the non-English speaking people (Norwegian's) was in itself, a change from the original film. It happens in remakes

Arctic or Antarctic Could you actually tell the difference within the confines of a base camp? Would it make any real difference?

As far as the alien being a plant in the Hawk's film - yeah, I give you that. The alien being a "carrot" was a heck of a diversion. :grin:

Quote FAIL :baiting:

Do you think the organizations providing grants to these expedition groups questions the need for lots of firearms and flame throwers?

"Yeah, Bob, I had a question about line 22 on your budget proposal..."

It looks like a remake in the sense that it will be exactly like The Thing, but this time a few days/weeks prior. Same movie. And if they pull it off as well as Carpenter's then sign me up. Love that movie. I doubt it will be as good (duh), but what the heck, I am a fan and will check it out.

Looks pretty good! Funny how all the scary stuff begins with the line: "Did you hear that?" :fear:

Quote FAIL :baiting:

:blush:

Looks pretty good! Funny how all the scary stuff begins with the line: "Did you hear that?" :fear:

No human being would stack books like this lol

I think Carpenter's 1982 version is my favorite all-time horror movie..maybe even in my top ten of all movies. :cloud9:

Scared the absolute pizz out of me when I saw it in high school...the special effects, especially back then, were amazing. Heck they still look pretty awesome 29 years later!

It's too soon for a remake. It's still too fresh in the minds of the people from that generation, we're still alive and kicking, it's such a classic, I just don't see how they can out do that one.

I won't pay to see it, but I will see it.

You must not be a Footloose remake fan either. :)

I think Carpenter's 1982 version is my favorite all-time horror movie..maybe even in my top ten of all movies. :cloud9:

Scared the absolute pizz out of me when I saw it in high school...the special effects, especially back then, were amazing. Heck they still look pretty awesome 29 years later!

It's definitely one of the scariest flicks ever (I saw it when I was a kid). Not quite as scary as "Alien" (that movie freaked me out for years). But Top 5 easy.

It's definitely one of the scariest flicks ever (I saw it when I was a kid). Not quite as scary as "Alien" (that movie freaked me out for years). But Top 5 easy.

I waited maybe a year after Alien came out to see it. Darn near fell asleep. Not the movie's fault, it was just so hyped up by the time I saw it.

I waited maybe a year after Alien came out to see it. Darn near fell asleep. Not the movie's fault, it was just so hyped up by the time I saw it.

I remember my dad and uncle being hyped up to see it. My uncle lived with us at the time (he was my "Dude"; got me into comics). My uncle got the "doll"...still has it...I first saw it years later, I was 9 or 10 at the time when I 1st saw it. Scared the *spoon* out of me. Probably the reason why I still consider it the scariest movie ever (well...that, and "The Exorcist").