• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: The Reviews are coming in and its a heaping pile of....UPDATED!

178 posts in this topic

Just came back from an early screening and I have to say I have mixed feelings about it. I thought they did a good job on the origin, some good action and I felt Evans was good as Cap, however, some of the special effects were only so so and some of the dialog extremely corny. I enjoyed it, but I would put at or near the bottom in terms of total enjoyment for the movies done by Marvel Studios.

59% on RT. 1% Come on let it be fresh!

Aren't the early reviews usually more favorable? (shrug)

not this time; up to 67%, and under the "top critics" tab, it's running 10 to 4. ebert liked it a lot.

RT is at 67% with 33 reviews in. Even Roger Ebert liked it. Not that I care, I'd go see it regardless of how bad it was panned.

I found this New York Times review to be especially refreshing considering the media outlet.

Yes, fun review, especially about the Red Skull and the Cosmic Cube

His name is Schmidt, he is played by the reliably sinister Hugo Weaving, and he is in possession of a magic Norse ice cube (or something) lol

Just saw it. Thought it was enjoyable. Good to see Cap in action, although it was against Hydra not the Nazis.

I'd rate it about the same as Thor (7 out of 10).

Anybody else see the sign for Phineas Horton at the exhibiition.

My buddy pointed it out to me.. I thought it was pretty neat nod

Yup, I saw it too :)