• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LIEFELD vs NEAL ADAMS (w/poll)

107 posts in this topic

I loved the Hawk and Dove mini that got his name out there in the first place

I have #1. It was before he went nuts with that... style (shrug) ... of his.

I'd slab it if I thought it were worth it. Only 3 in cencus, 9.6 - 9.2 - 9.0. I'm pretty sure I have them beat, but is it still worth it (shrug)

:signofftopic: I know

[font:Book Antiqua]

And you have to love this...

Everyone is going to remember Rob Liefield

For this piece of art...[/font]

Liefeldcaptainamerica.jpg

How do you even sign your name to that with a straight face?

:news:

Liefeld (say what you will) draws 10x the crowd of neal adams.

Are you serious? Why? Is DEADPOOL that popular???

People like to see people who draw on the same talent level as their kids, it's a familiarity , comfort and self esteem thing.

I've been over that '40 worst...' page a bunch of times, and it's all hilarious. I also got this at a show this year:

liefeld-mary-marvel-caf.jpg

Liefeld was totally approachable, seemed like a happy enough fellow, and was totally jazzed to be asked for a drawing of a character other than Deadpool.

Talking to Neal Adams is also pretty cool, but it feels a lot more like doing business (which I suppose it is after all). This head sketch, deeply discounted on the last day of the '10 NYCC, cost as much as the Mary Marvel above.

neal_adams_green_arrow.jpg

Completely true.

Several professional wrestlers can claim the same, what appeals to the masses and what is considered highest quality are usually diametrically opposed.

I've been over that '40 worst...' page a bunch of times, and it's all hilarious. I also got this at a show this year:

liefeld-mary-marvel-caf.jpg

Liefeld was totally approachable, seemed like a happy enough fellow, and was totally jazzed to be asked for a drawing of a character other than Deadpool.

Talking to Neal Adams is also pretty cool, but it feels a lot more like doing business (which I suppose it is after all). This head sketch, deeply discounted on the last day of the '10 NYCC, cost as much as the Mary Marvel above.

neal_adams_green_arrow.jpg

Rob's convention sketches have gotten much better over the years.

Love that Wolverine he did for Synch.

However, I take that Green Arrow if it's offered 10 times out of 10.

Completely true.

Several professional wrestlers can claim the same, what appeals to the masses and what is considered highest quality are usually diametrically opposed.

True. That said, I'm not really sure what the poll is asking. Is the OP asking him to settle a bet as to which creator has longer lines at cons or is he asking which art the board members prefer? (shrug)

Completely true.

Word up. At the show where I got the Neal Adams drawing, Carmine Infantino was there in a sea of practically no one.

Joe Kubert, however, still pulls in the masses. :luhv:

Completely true.

Word up. At the show where I got the Neal Adams drawing, Carmine Infantino was there in a sea of practically no one.Joe Kubert, however, still pulls in the masses. :luhv:

[font:Book Antiqua]Are you kidding Right...?[/font]

:frustrated:

So all you folks that loooooove Liefeld please PM me. I've got a couple longboxes of his krap that I haven't been able to give away for 10 years that I'd like to sell you. I'd be willing to bet that I couldn't get a buck a piece for those books if I was set up right next to those ten mile long lines that Liefeld has at the cons that everyone is raving about.

As much as Adams's Batman Odyssey sucked (it was absolute rubbish), there is not one Liefeld book I would spend money on before I would pick up extra copies of Odyssey.

Although I'm sure he's a very nice guy, my God I hate what Rob Liefeld helped do to comics. IMO he doesn't get enough blame. He can take his long lines and shove them up his . :sick:

Ok, Just to be fair, Erik Larsen should take some of the blame too.

So all you folks that loooooove Liefeld please PM me. I've got a couple longboxes of his krap that I haven't been able to give away for 10 years that I'd like to sell you. I'd be willing to bet that I couldn't get a buck a piece for those books if I was set up right next to those ten mile long lines that Liefeld has at the cons that everyone is raving about.

As much as Adams's Batman Odyssey sucked (it was absolute rubbish), there is not one Liefeld book I would spend money on before I would pick up extra copies of Odyssey.

Although I'm sure he's a very nice guy, my God I hate what Rob Liefeld helped do to comics. IMO he doesn't get enough blame. He can take his long lines and shove them up his . :sick:

It does seem that the people that hate Liefeld most have several thousand of his comics hm

I probably have three, read maybe ten when I was a kid. I am definitely not in the market for any of his comics, don't think I ever really was except for early on in the New Mutants run when I was in elementary school

Assuming I fall into your category of "folks that loooooove Liefeld," I must say I come at it from the comfortable place of neither owning nor having read a single comic of his. Until I met him, the only exposure I had was that "40 worst..." site. Perversely, it was the site that brought me to him, and once I saw how pleasant he was to talk to, the Mary Marvel commission was a no-brainer.

It does seem that the people that hate Liefeld most have several thousand of his comics hm

I probably have three, read maybe ten when I was a kid. I am definitely not in the market for any of his comics, don't think I ever really was except for early on in the New Mutants run when I was in elementary school

lol - it's true, you can't even give them away.

Mine came as part of a collection I bought about ten years ago. I tried to leave them behind, but the seller said I had to take them. Seems he didn't have the energy to take them out to the dumpster himself and I didn't think of it as I was packing the truck. doh!

I've been thinking about digging a fire pit out back, just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

Assuming I fall into your category of "folks that loooooove Liefeld," I must say I come at it from the comfortable place of neither owning nor having read a single comic of his. Until I met him, the only exposure I had was that "40 worst..." site. Perversely, it was the site that brought me to him, and once I saw how pleasant he was to talk to, the Mary Marvel commission was a no-brainer.

I'm sure he's a nice guy and the Mary Marvel sketch is an enjoyable one.

That doesn't make up for helping to destroy the comics industry in the 90's with over-hyped bad art and driving me away from the hobby for ten years. :sumo: