• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

first comic book you ever bought

107 posts in this topic

You can always tell the old threads by the broken smiley links from when the board was totally redone. When did that get changed, 2006? 2007? Somewhere around there. Man, what a firestorm that created. I couldn't figure out the board for days.

ASM 57......although I had a stack from the early to mid 60's that my Aunt gave me that got me started. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Hi all --

Fun to see everyone's first comic, not to mention seeing a thread from 2002 brought back to life. As a 2002 member myself, I figure I should contribute.

My first two comics I read (Hulk #199 and FF #172) are shown below, along with some OA that I own from each!

Dan

Hulk199cover.jpg

FF172cover.jpg

Hulk199p1.jpg

FF172p16-17.jpg

Hi all --

Fun to see everyone's first comic, not to mention seeing a thread from 2002 brought back to life. As a 2002 member myself, I figure I should contribute.

My first two comics I read (Hulk #199 and FF #172) are shown below, along with some OA that I own from each!

Dan

Hulk199cover.jpg

FF172cover.jpg

Hulk199p1.jpg

FF172p16-17.jpg

Top work, Dan! :applause:

First I remember was Peter Parker # 23 (w/ Cyclone!) from a beloved used book store in 1983. Also picked up # 32, 38, etc. Thought it was cool--Peter Parker in college!

First as a true collector, What If (vol. 2) # 7. Went to the comic store with my dad in 1989 (Atlantis Attacks Marvel Annuals everywhere, and he offered to buy me only 1 book). The Liefeld Wolverine cover sold me, and the story was awesome, too: What If Wolverine Had Been an Agent of SHIELD?

I bought a GI Joe 1 off the rack with change I found cleaning out my dads car, but I had a Spectacular spidey 21, and a few others I had gotten from a cousin

still looking to add those 2 to the collection in 9.8 one of these days