• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

did CATMAN Comics fall out of popularity?

61 posts in this topic

Sorry to see this, Bat-Man. Not as bad as it could have been. It does seem like Cat-Man is something of a fad-like title. I love the covers as much as anyone but it is very obscure relative to well known titles.

I don't consider Cat-Man fad-like, but perhaps because it's a rather eclectic title runs are difficult to put together which discourages many folks from trying. (shrug)

On a less serious note, David Merryweather was frequently spotted around SDCC this past weekend, so I'm not so sure that Cat-Man is all THAT obscure. :kidaround:

Sorry to see this, Bat-Man. Not as bad as it could have been. It does seem like Cat-Man is something of a fad-like title. I love the covers as much as anyone but it is very obscure relative to well known titles.

I don't consider Cat-Man fad-like, but perhaps because it's a rather eclectic title runs are difficult to put together which discourages many folks from trying. (shrug)

On a less serious note, David Merryweather was frequently spotted around SDCC this past weekend, so I'm not so sure that Cat-Man is all THAT obscure. :kidaround:

lol Well done, sir.

You are also selling during San Diego weekend...I always liked the LB Cole covers toward the end of the run. Catman 31 has got to be one of my top favorite GA covers.

2072893671_1f7f4e5e70_b.jpg

And its one of my favorite scans too.

You are also selling during San Diego weekend...I always liked the LB Cole covers toward the end of the run. Catman 31 has got to be one of my top favorite GA covers.

+1

Stunning cover; GA classic, IMO. (worship)

:news: A coverless copy of Catman #28 just sold for $104.50 last night on ebay!

I love when I see coverless comics for sale with the description "classic cover!"

(Not for that book in question, just in general. Cracks me up.)

:news: A coverless copy of Catman #28 just sold for $104.50 last night on ebay!
Cool. I had quite a few tire kickers for my low grade catman 28 I had at sdcc but no one pulled the trigger

so, so sweet. i love that one.

Cat-man must have had either low print runs or poor distribution, probably both.

I've only seen # 24 , v13#3 (May 1944) for sale once, and have never seen many of the # 15-24 issues for sale ever.

Here is a picture of # 24 from the Heritage archives .

cat-manv3n13.jpg

Weird how 25, 26a and 27 are almost common...and too bad those issues sport the lamest covers of the whole run.

I heard from multiple catman collectors when I first started putting the run together that 15 was the toughest... xavier logan told me, I believe, that in 11 years of collecting catman, he had never seen a 15 for sale...

I managed 2 copies my first month, so felt very fortunate, and passed the second copy to boardie bodhee, but in the past few years, admittedly have never seen another for sale hm