• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Name The Lame Comic Character You Can’t Help But Love!

99 posts in this topic

I have all the issues of the Human Fly ( the 70's series 77-79 not rhe Spiderman Villian ). His series lasted almost 2 years. thought it was a cool character. Dude had a skeleton replaced by steel. (sounds familiar) Was one of Spider-Mans friends. Shocked they never brought him back. I think most folks think hes not a great character but still one of my favorites,

I think he was actually based on a real person?

hm

Yes he was based on a stunt man named Rick Rojatt . Not sure if Rick had a metal skeleton.

I have all the issues of the Human Fly ( the 70's series 77-79 not rhe Spiderman Villian ). His series lasted almost 2 years. thought it was a cool character. Dude had a skeleton replaced by steel. (sounds familiar) Was one of Spider-Mans friends. Shocked they never brought him back. I think most folks think hes not a great character but still one of my favorites,

hm

Yes he was based on a stunt man named Rick Rojatt . Not sure if Rick had a metal skeleton.

hm

What ever happened to him, as I googled his name and not much comes up about him?

Stiltman (thumbs u

Wilbur Day is a scientist fed up with his job, so he decides to become Stiltman. There are so many ridiculous aspects to this Daredevil foe that the fact he has appeared in other titles means I'm not the only azz clown who has a Stiltman spot in their heart, and that there are a lot of other insane people.

I'll have to give my 'official' answer some thought. But I always liked Stilt-Man, too. My favorite Stilt-Man appearance was when he was the villian in an issue of Thor (!). This was in the 70s when most covers had the hero giving a monologue on how tough the villian was so kids would grab the issue in anticipation of a classic battle. Someone had to draw a cover where Thor was stressing out about having to fight a guy with hydraulic stilts. I still wonder how he did it with a straight face.

(In fairness, in this issue Blastaar had upgraded him to adamantium stilts. But I still get a chuckle out of it. Thor vs. Stilt-Man.)

You know the hero (or villain) who’s never really been that popular with the cool kids but never the less you can’t help but have a soft spot for… For me it’s got to be “Jack of Hearts”.

Me too :blush: Sketch cvoer JAck of hearts by Ken Haeser.

IMG00256-20110119-2226.jpg

hm

I loved that run, as well. I collected that when I was a kid and still have my original, well loved copies. :cloud9:

But my favorite, by far is.....

Hellcow!

Sure she looks nice and tame, with her cape (!)

hellcw11.gif

But when she has blood lust she goes on a rampage!

5410_gallery.jpg

Moon Knight

:whistle:

Have to agree with this one. One of my favorite titles back in the early days, but I always felt it was a Batman rip-off (albeit it was better written and drawn than Batman in those days).