• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man that's a rough VG+ Pep 22. VG+...really?

35 posts in this topic

In the description he points out the logo's clipped. Harley will usually list books as the "otherwise" grade and list notable defects like this in the description. It's pretty clear he's not hiding anything.

error in description or wrong scan maybe? Harleys a stand up dealer in my experience.

I have noticed that Harley's poor books are usually overpriced. I guess the error in grading is supposed to justify multiple guide price. He could probably change his grade and still get a good price for that book.

bb

In the description he points out the logo's clipped. Harley will usually list books as the "otherwise" grade and list notable defects like this in the description. It's pretty clear he's not hiding anything.

The issue is not whether he's hiding anything. It's whether it makes any sense to call this a VG+. Does anybody think CGC would grade this VG+, qualified or otherwise?

That book is a CGC Blue .5 all day long. No question, it won't go higher.

(Even qualified how high could it really go? Not much if even any)

(In the older OSPG standards it would be FAIR however)

May be wrong but i think hes doing it as its a VG if the book were complete meaning if in fact the cover were 100% it would grade a VG (shrug). i would assume he knows its a F book but instead of saying this book is a poor or fair hes saying look past the missing cover and the books a VG all day long if that makes sense. I know what im trying to say but i dont think its coming out right lol

May be wrong but i think hes doing it as its a VG if the book were complete meaning if in fact the cover were 100% it would grade a VG (shrug). i would assume he knows its a F book but instead of saying this book is a poor or fair hes saying look past the missing cover and the books a VG all day long if that makes sense. I know what im trying to say but i dont think its coming out right lol

I think I know what you are trying to say :grin:

Pretty sure that's the Diamond Run copy that sold on eBay last Oct

I missed this thread due to being on the road.

It is the Diamond Run copy. It's my copy and it wasn't really for sale by me. I had it in SD on the wall to attract a little attention. Harley asked if he could borrow it in SD but I guess he thought he had a buyer for the book and put it up on eBay.

Anyway, I've got the book back in my possession and am waiting to find a cover for it so that I can restore it properly.

:wishluck: