• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NOT a Larson

91 posts in this topic

He just raised the price on the Green Hornet #1 from $15,000 to $75,000! doh!

My bad! :sorry:

I guess I shouldn't have posted earlier that he had the book at only 2X guide and it looked relatively cheap compared to everything else. I guess it's now back in line at 10X condition guide.

Well, since nobody was willing to pick it up at 2X guide, I guess he must figure there's going to be a stampede now that he has jacked up the price. :screwy:

He just raised the price on the Green Hornet #1 from $15,000 to $75,000! doh!

mitch musta let him know about the thread, and in his own mind this was a sharp stick in our collective eye. my stomach hurt i laughed so hard. damn, i love these boards!

This one just confuses the spoon out of me.

Vacation Parade in 7.5 for 25,000... or is it?

Oooohhh my head hurts from reading this ...

He just wants you to know that he is no longer willing to buy your original Carl Barks artwork at high high prices as the Barks bubbles has just bursted with prices dropping by 4,000% or worse than any stock market crash. As a result, he is now only willing to pay low low low prices for your Barks originals.

Of course, the comic book is now worth more than the original art which justifies the current bargain basement asking price of virtually 40X condition guide. lol

He just wants you to know that he is no longer willing to buy your original Carl Barks artwork at high high prices as the Barks bubbles has just bursted with prices dropping by 4,000% or worse than any stock market crash. As a result, he is now only willing to pay low low low prices for your Barks originals.

Of course, the comic book is now worth more than the original art which justifies the current bargain basement asking price of virtually 40X condition guide. lol

Wasn't mm just asserting the strong investment potential of Barks originals? Can't this guy get their story straight?

The logic behind this listing is so f'ed up. He lists a comic at a ridiculously high price complaining that it is under graded and therefore the nicest example of this Barks comic around. Then he tells the twisted story of a Barks painting dropping in value based on one of his ebay listings to illustrate the collapse of Barks material. He then uses that info as the basis for his ridiculous low offers on Barks material. But please let him know if you are selling! What a knucklehead.

Wasn't mm just asserting the strong investment potential of Barks originals? Can't this guy get their story straight?

It certainly is a great investment if Mitch and Theo can pick them up for 4,000% below their last auction sale price.

I guess the current owner would have to offer them money to take Barks original artwork now since I thought it was impossible for something to drop by more than 100%. No wonder why it's a great investment for them. lol

Just for ease of criticism and with line breaks for readability:

For sale is the First Issue of The famous Carl Barks Comic book "Vacation P" #1. 1950s in 7.5 fine/nearmint white pages. This comic is actually in my opinion in better condition then its CCG Grade. If I worked for CGC I would grade it 9.0. I consider this to be perhaps the finest example of this Carl Barks Comic in existance.

The original painting for this comic books just sold on Heritage for $179,2500,. a few Weeks Later its buyer wanted to turn a quick profit and I listed it on ebay . and the highest BID! was only $20,000k.

What a Disaster for the poor buyer who paid $179,250. He just doesnt understand how this could happen? Who was the under bidder? If you were the underbidder We want to hear from you? That is an immediate loss of $159,250. Dollars on this same piece of Carl Barks Art in less then a month WOW!!!!!! .

This "comic" that the painting was based on is now priced higher then the "Painting". The Original painting only brought a high bid on my ebay auction of $20k!!!! In my Opinion That would indicate to me the "Carl Barks Oil Painting Market "BUBBLE HAS BURSTED"!!!!! that is approx a 4000 % drop in value in only a few weeks. I think that's a worst crash then any stock market crash.

THEREFORE I AM NO LONGER BUYING WALT DISNEY CARL BARK PAINTING AT HIGH PRICES!! I am only buying Carl Barks Painting if THEY ARE MARKED DOWN TO A REASONABLE PRICE! THEY MUST BE LOW LOW LOW prices. What do you have to sell me and how low are your prices. ???. Non disney I like even better then his disney painting. please let me know what you have!! .

Not to mention as generic user linked, the auction he references was a reserve auction, so there's no way of knowing what the top bid was anyway. I'm sure the reserve was set at the purchase price of the seller or higher. A 4000% loss must be hard to swallow when your math is wrong and you didn't lose anything anyway.

Just for ease of criticism and with line breaks for readability:

For sale is the First Issue of The famous Carl Barks Comic book "Vacation P" #1. 1950s in 7.5 fine/nearmint white pages. This comic is actually in my opinion in better condition then its CCG Grade. If I worked for CGC I would grade it 9.0. I consider this to be perhaps the finest example of this Carl Barks Comic in existance.

The original painting for this comic books just sold on Heritage for $179,2500,. a few Weeks Later its buyer wanted to turn a quick profit and I listed it on ebay . and the highest BID! was only $20,000k.

What a Disaster for the poor buyer who paid $179,250. He just doesnt understand how this could happen? Who was the under bidder? If you were the underbidder We want to hear from you? That is an immediate loss of $159,250. Dollars on this same piece of Carl Barks Art in less then a month WOW!!!!!! .

This "comic" that the painting was based on is now priced higher then the "Painting". The Original painting only brought a high bid on my ebay auction of $20k!!!! In my Opinion That would indicate to me the "Carl Barks Oil Painting Market "BUBBLE HAS BURSTED"!!!!! that is approx a 4000 % drop in value in only a few weeks. I think that's a worst crash then any stock market crash.

THEREFORE I AM NO LONGER BUYING WALT DISNEY CARL BARK PAINTING AT HIGH PRICES!! I am only buying Carl Barks Painting if THEY ARE MARKED DOWN TO A REASONABLE PRICE! THEY MUST BE LOW LOW LOW prices. What do you have to sell me and how low are your prices. ???. Non disney I like even better then his disney painting. please let me know what you have!! .

A mere shadow of the original auction listing!

You have to put in all of the multi-coloured highlights, sizing formats, bolding, etc. to get the full impact of his original message.