• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Threatening PM's.
3 3

767 posts in this topic

Couple of RMA observations from this thread:

1. Arguing with Cal is fun, but isn't likely to change his mind.

2. Insulting Cal (or anybody), because you are frustrated they don't "see things the way you do" makes you a tool. Insulting someone because they "post in the third person", or post in some other way that's not a direct insult to YOU also makes you a tool.

3. People who diagnose "literal insanity" from posts on a message board are tools.

4. Mike...if you really feel that strongly about it, maybe it IS time to get the police involved. This guy...he's not worth it. You're right, he may be dangerous, which is all the more reason to get the police involved. But he's not worth risking YOUR life, limb, and freedom in the process..

:(

This isn't what I had in mind when I started this thread. I was bothered when someone tells me: "donna i shoot you in the head". I thought the beat me up ones were quite funny. I'll deal with this matter myself, even if I have to fly to a con. I'm more afraid of flying than dealing with Harold.

Have you reported it to the police, Mike?

Nope.
i think it would be a wise move to do so
I expect they will get called when Harold and I meet.

Harold needs his azz beaten for sure. Not by you. Let his future "roomates" do it for you and relax knowing you are the better man.

Call the Police. Heck, call his work and see what they think about his internet savvy.

BTW, do we know for certain this was Harold? :foryou:

Harold has a particular hard-on for Mike - if I'm not mistaken, it's not the first time the little scumbag has sent him unsavory PMs.

:hi:

I don't doubt it at all. Just asking in case Mike wants to contact the Police and his employer.

I 100% understand wanting to mash the little weasel (Harold) into a nice stain on the concrete but in this day and age there is no way Mike makes it out of the situation unscathed.

Most of you with the pay-to-play issue (cause there are several in this thread) are missing the point.

Don't charge to sign up.

Charge for strikes.

First strike = $20 (time out is good, too.)

Second strike = $50

Third = $100

Fourth = $500

Fifth = $1,000

Or some variant thereof.

No need to ban.

To avoid incentivizing handing out strikes...require the money in the form of donation to HERO, or CBLDF, or some other unconnected to CGC charity.

And then...hire someone who does not post, and who will apply all the rules, consistently, to everyone, all the time. You'd be SURPRISED at how civil everyone will get when they don't want to pay $500 to stay....

Win.

You already generate enough revenue with your copper 9.8's.

:foryou:

lol

Pretty funny.

Edit's even funnier.

I have yet to get a strike, though.

:cloud9:

Cal;

There are literally hundreds (if not thousands) of people here who have

been here 3 + years

don't harass or insult people

don't send threatening PMs

do post opinions on comics related issues

do contribute to constructive activities on the site

do treat people with respect in their posting

and in general never cause any trouble whatsoever

Please explain why these people should now have to pay any fee because of the behaviour of a few nut jobs.

Charging hundreds of dollars for a forum membership is not realistic.

The most I have seen at any forum is a yearly membership of $25 to $50. Anything more is cost prohibitive to many.

A first year membership in my blackjack forum is $300. You also have to be nominated by a paying member and pass muster. Keeps out the nuts and the tire-kickers. One of our rivals charges $40, has many more members and much more strife and stress.

2. Insulting Cal (or anybody), because you are frustrated they don't "see things the way you do" makes you a tool. Insulting someone because they "post in the third person", or post in some other way that's not a direct insult to YOU also makes you a tool.

3. People who diagnose "literal insanity" from posts on a message board are tools.

4. Mike...if you really feel that strongly about it, maybe it IS time to get the police involved. This guy...he's not worth it. You're right, he may be dangerous, which is all the more reason to get the police involved. But he's not worth risking YOUR life, limb, and freedom in the process..

Here's the thing though. Cal was insulting me for not being able to understand his posts, when it was his fault for completely failing at communication. At that point, I do not think I was a tool to point that out to him. I let it go a handful of times before mentioning it, until I saw it was going to be a running gag of his, as if I had trouble reading.

You know what else makes you a tool? Equating ones value as a person with ones income.

one littlebill observation taken from this thread

littlebill wishes he could buy rma for what he is worth then sell him for what he thinks he is worth.

oooo.....

You're not going to do very well on THAT transaction...

:luhv:

Here's the thing though. Cal was insulting me for not being able to understand his posts, when it was his fault for completely failing at communication. At that point, I do not think I was a tool to point that out to him. I let it go a handful of times before mentioning it, until I saw it was going to be a running gag of his, as if I had trouble reading.

Ehhhh....perhaps. Perspective is everything, as always. ;) One can only know for sure what goes on in one's own mind. Beyond that is just guesswork.

You know what else makes you a tool? Equating ones value as a person with ones income.

Absolutely.

as soon as you require people to pay money for membership here, people will begin to expect something for their $$, which will lead to people like Cal calling up CGC and wasting their time dealing with stupid #$*( like message board incivility, rather than just grading the damned books they have in their bins.

a word of advice, for everyone; if you don't like it here - or anywhere, really - why not just $(#&ing leave? is being here amongst all those who cause you such pain worth all this sturm und drang?

christmas. to paraphrase a great man, if you ordered a boxcar full of lunacy and one showed up with just this site in it, you'd consider your order filled

as soon as you require people to pay money for membership here, people will begin to expect something for their $$, which will lead to people like Cal calling up CGC and wasting their time dealing with stupid #$*( like message board incivility, rather than just grading the damned books they have in their bins.

One thing people would potentially expect for their money would be some sort of regulation in the selling area. If that were to happen, I believe you can say bye bye to the selling forum which would be a shame.

Cal, you're really not making friends here. If you want people on your side, take the high road.

Right?! I don't even have to point out what a complete *spoon* Cal is, he's proving my point better than I ever could. :grin: