• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Threatening PM's.
3 3

767 posts in this topic

Dai's a good bloke, even if he is Welsh :whistle:

There is always going to be nut jobs on any of these forums or people who post simply to annoy simply because its the internet.

I've been around comics for 20 years, a collector for 15 and I only joined the past few months and for me they have been a revelation for helping me build up my collection. I've met good people like F_T, Boozad, PCC, Chromium, GACollectibles, Gaz x2 among others and bought off US boardies and dealers.

And how about Skynwalker, a guy I've never met but takes time out of his day to buy books off eBay from buyers who won't ship to UK, then receives them and stockpiles books and sends them to me in bulk to save on postage, and he asks nothing in return.

I do find it a little annoying when posts are made about new people who have joined, or how it was "better" in the good old days, god forbid that you were not here during the inception of the boards!

I think the boards are a good community, those who are decent will prove themselves and those who aren't will be rooted out and shot down (rightly so). Having to pay to join these boards will put alot of people off, myself included.

I like this post! :headbang:

He's a good bloke, even with his Batman fetish.

Dai's a good bloke, even if he is Welsh :whistle:

There is always going to be nut jobs on any of these forums or people who post simply to annoy simply because its the internet.

I've been around comics for 20 years, a collector for 15 and I only joined the past few months and for me they have been a revelation for helping me build up my collection. I've met good people like F_T, Boozad, PCC, Chromium, GACollectibles, Gaz x2 among others and bought off US boardies and dealers.

And how about Skynwalker, a guy I've never met but takes time out of his day to buy books off eBay from buyers who won't ship to UK, then receives them and stockpiles books and sends them to me in bulk to save on postage, and he asks nothing in return.

I do find it a little annoying when posts are made about new people who have joined, or how it was "better" in the good old days, god forbid that you were not here during the inception of the boards!

I think the boards are a good community, those who are decent will prove themselves and those who aren't will be rooted out and shot down (rightly so). Having to pay to join these boards will put alot of people off, myself included.

I like this post! :headbang:

He's a good bloke, even with his Batman fetish.

Skynwalker is a true class act!

CAL who has bought and sold from/and read Skyn's posts...

you're not chasing or baiting here, right?

you have not posted on all my recent Comics General Threads, have you?

Aren't you a Stu Cathell anti-CGCer???

CAL asking easy Q's for now...

Are you accusing me of being a shill now? You are insane.

I was responding to *Not Sure* and somehow this Dupont2005 took this as a war club wave...

CAL can fight on three fronts

Maybe you should learn how to make a coherent post and people wouldn't misunderstand you

Dupont who is not responsible for the lack of communication skills of others.

Edited by dupont2005

Maybe you should learn how to make a coherent post and people wouldn't misunderstand you

Dupont who is not responsible for the lack of communication skills of others.

Dupont should see WHO THE RESPONDANT WAS RESPONDING TO

had you opened up your eyes, youSHOULD HAVE SEEN THAT I WAS REPLYING TO NOT*SURE

CAL getting tired of Dupont2005's cluelessness

I think this is what i see:

From what I can gather Cal has a lot of history with some people and he's trying to prevent what he has gone through from happening to others

Cal wanting respect brought to the boards by having experienced collectors and dealers paying their dues to eliminate disrespect towards CGC and the community at large.

Unfortunately, that's not the way the internet works. It's a wide net that catches all kinds of stuff in it.

That's the way the old world worked before GenX and Y got here.

Roy who thinks he understands Cal.

I missed this one - another great post from another Class Act here.

CAL who listens to Roy about many things

Maybe we should stop hijacking Mike's thread. Let's keep it to the other thread dedicated to this topic. Sound fair?

Your right. This is what I get for defending Mike.

CAL won't defend others when they get threats anymore

Maybe we should stop hijacking Mike's thread. Let's keep it to the other thread dedicated to this topic. Sound fair?

doh! Stop thinking you're the only one that matters. This is about Mike, not you. Go read his advice in your thread.

***THREAD DERAILMENT FINISHED***

:foryou:

doh! Stop thinking you're the only one that matters. This is about Mike, not you. Go read his advice in your thread.

***THREAD DERAILMENT FINISHED***

:foryou:

:applause::preach::applause:

This is getting beyond rediculous, Arch.

Mike, there is nothing that Arch can do except ban a current account.

All anyone has to do is create a new name with a new email address and anyone can join.

How do you stop that?

Mike, there is nothing that Arch can do except ban a current account.

All anyone has to do is create a new name with a new email address and anyone can join.

How do you stop that?

Yea you really can't stop it...even if he did something as drastic as ban his IP or all IP addresses coming from his ISP, which is a hugely wide net that could take out other boardies with him, he can just use a proxy to post through (freewebproxy.net, web4proxy.com, hidemyass.com, trycatchme.com, etc).

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

dogs-and-cats-mass-hysteria.jpg

If everyone who gets a threatening or obscene pm from this guy starts forwarding it to the authorities, perhaps something will be done, they can trace him through his isp.

I'm sure Zaid has his former address, and I'm sure some of the internet detectives can figure out his current address.

Saying you will be happy to meet him, making fun of his picture, will only feed his fury and or his ego.

He needs professional help.

If everyone who gets a threatening or obscene pm from this guy starts forwarding it to the authorities, perhaps something will be done, they can trace him through his isp.

I'm sure Zaid has his former address, and I'm sure some of the internet detectives can figure out his current address.

Saying you will be happy to meet him, making fun of his picture, will only feed his fury and or his ego.

He needs professional help.

Arch has all of the evidence archived. It would seem that if members of the collectors society are recieving threats, CGC should do something about it.