• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Threatening PM's.
3 3

767 posts in this topic

Yes, paying a fee would keep the nut-jobs away.

Of course it would.

Thanks!

I'm all for keeping those whohave no business here away for good.

CAL gathering momentum

He was being sarcastic, Cal.

And I agree with him...some of the most obnoxious/untrustworthy people in the hobby have a lot of money.

On the other hand, somebody like Liaton is just getting into the hobby, is still at school, but is an all-round good egg.

But he couldn't afford to join up.

We're throwing the baby out with the bath water here...and we still won't nail the psychos.

+1 (thumbs u

If it comes down to some exclusive club that you have to "splash the cash" to join then you can count me out...A discussion forum should be available to everyone not just those that can afford it.

Besides I don't want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member!

Cheers

PCC

You have not been a member a full 3 months but you post this?

All you are doing is giving me more reasons to get that proposal in sooner...

CAL 100% in motion

So you'd want PulpCultureComics off of the boards because he's new here and won't "splash the cash" to post here, Cal?

Well, I've met PCC and he's a nice guy and I can have a good discussion about comics and other stuff with him and if it's a choice of him being on the boartds or you, then I'd rather have him without a seconds hesitation.

I'm not saying that there is no logic to anything you're saying but as others have suggested, why not start your own comic forum that is set up for what you believe is wanted/needed?

Hi Gaz :hi:

Dai's a good bloke, even if he is Welsh :whistle:

There is always going to be nut jobs on any of these forums or people who post simply to annoy simply because its the internet.

I've been around comics for 20 years, a collector for 15 and I only joined the past few months and for me they have been a revelation for helping me build up my collection. I've met good people like F_T, Boozad, PCC, Chromium, GACollectibles, Gaz x2 among others and bought off US boardies and dealers.

And how about Skynwalker, a guy I've never met but takes time out of his day to buy books off eBay from buyers who won't ship to UK, then receives them and stockpiles books and sends them to me in bulk to save on postage, and he asks nothing in return.

I do find it a little annoying when posts are made about new people who have joined, or how it was "better" in the good old days, god forbid that you were not here during the inception of the boards!

I think the boards are a good community, those who are decent will prove themselves and those who aren't will be rooted out and shot down (rightly so). Having to pay to join these boards will put alot of people off, myself included.

Chris is a good bloke EVEN if he isn't Welsh ;)

The vast majority of boarders be they old or new have no hidden agenda and are members of this community to discuss a hobby that we all share. Simple as that

To level a "membership tax" would restrict the board to an "old boys network" and drive away the majority of casual boarders. This would be a death-knell to this or any other online community if you ask me...In fact to my mind we should be discussing ways to increase the membership of people taking part in our hobby and community not looking at ways to restrict it.

Cheers

PCC

I never got accused of being a shill, at least not that I saw. Guess I am lucky?

Not all n00bs are accused of being shills. It all comes down to how you present yourself when you start posting here. The various "shillwhisperers" on the boards are pretty good at ferreting out the true shills, although sometimes pinning down who the shill really is, is the tough part.

The various "shillwhisperers" on the boards are pretty good at ferreting out the true shills, although sometimes pinning down who the shill really is, is the tough part.

It's always Goon. Unless it's Harold. Stu doesn't count.

A cell call would be a great idea, but there are too many crack phones out there and it is so easy to buy a prepaid.

EDIT: I know, I know, I wish I had an actual answer instead of pointing out problems with it. But a call would be better than nothing.

Yeah but douchenozzles like Harold aren't going to buy a prepaid cell to register here so he can live out his fantasies of actually being a real boy.

A douchnozzle like that would probably steal a phone.

Douchenozzles usually do but that puts him closer and closer to his future employment as a license plate technician.

You dropped an e.

If only.

The various "shillwhisperers" on the boards are pretty good at ferreting out the true shills, although sometimes pinning down who the shill really is, is the tough part.

You forgot Red, Bug, CarolinaComix, KrazyKat, Dupcak, TFL, Deathlok, Major Khaos and Dad&Son. Plus, I'm sure I left one or two out.

A cell call would be a great idea, but there are too many crack phones out there and it is so easy to buy a prepaid.

EDIT: I know, I know, I wish I had an actual answer instead of pointing out problems with it. But a call would be better than nothing.

Yeah but douchenozzles like Harold aren't going to buy a prepaid cell to register here so he can live out his fantasies of actually being a real boy.

Douchenozzles usually do but that puts him closer and closer to his future employment as a license plate technician.

You dropped an e.

If only.

That's not really funny.

You dropped an e.

If only.

That's not really funny.

Sez you.

You forgot Red, Bug, CarolinaComix, KrazyKat, Dupcak, TFL, Deathlok, Major Khaos and Dad&Son. Plus, I'm sure I left one or two out.

Luxx

I like the fined strike idea.

Problem solved.

Let's get the ball rolling and stop the trolling...

Pay up, monkey spam. $5,000,000,000,000.00 for trolling!

People%20Verne%20Troyer%20Lawsuit.JPG

I'm seeing a lot of similarities in these pictures. hm

108164.jpg

Nah, Verne Troyer isn't making that stupid duckface that Fuller is making.

I was refering to a certain journal entry.

I like the fined strike idea.

Problem solved.

Let's get the ball rolling and stop the trolling...

Pay up, monkey spam. $5,000,000,000,000.00 for trolling!

People%20Verne%20Troyer%20Lawsuit.JPG

I'm seeing a lot of similarities in these pictures. hm

108164.jpg

Nah, Verne Troyer isn't making that stupid duckface that Fuller is making.

Yeah, they are a bit different. One of them is a midget and a . The other one used to play Mini-Me.

Luxx

lol My first thought as well. He does make an impression...

Dai's a good bloke, even if he is Welsh :whistle:

There is always going to be nut jobs on any of these forums or people who post simply to annoy simply because its the internet.

I've been around comics for 20 years, a collector for 15 and I only joined the past few months and for me they have been a revelation for helping me build up my collection. I've met good people like F_T, Boozad, PCC, Chromium, GACollectibles, Gaz x2 among others and bought off US boardies and dealers.

And how about Skynwalker, a guy I've never met but takes time out of his day to buy books off eBay from buyers who won't ship to UK, then receives them and stockpiles books and sends them to me in bulk to save on postage, and he asks nothing in return.

I do find it a little annoying when posts are made about new people who have joined, or how it was "better" in the good old days, god forbid that you were not here during the inception of the boards!

I think the boards are a good community, those who are decent will prove themselves and those who aren't will be rooted out and shot down (rightly so). Having to pay to join these boards will put alot of people off, myself included.

I like this post! :headbang: