• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are you watching/winning in the Comic Connect Auction?

135 posts in this topic

AC Actions ended up with pretty impressive final bids :o

Yes, pretty well 6X condition guide for the big books, with Action #10 coming in at $258K followed by Action #13 at a measly $185K. :o:o

Any idea what the Action #19 closed at since I last saw it at something like over $70K with extended bidding underway? :o

Danggit!

I put in a bid on another book and took a phone call right as i confirmed the bid and didnt realize that i put in $300, not $200 :eek:

I gotta hope that one doesnt get bid up anywhere near the mistaken max i put in :wishluck:

Not really that big of a mistake.

Definitely a lot better than putting in an extra "0" at the end which could really end up costing you by the time it's all said and done. lol

I once bid $17,000 for a book I meant to bid $170 on. With three days to go, I was high bidder at $203 and seller wasn't answering my emails. Ended up winnig the book for around $230,and learned a valued lesson.

Lucky for you it wasn't one of those auction houses or sellers known for shill bidding their auctions up to a bidder's max bid or else you would have been done for. lol

AC Actions ended up with pretty impressive final bids :o

Yes, pretty well 6X condition guide for the big books, with Action #10 coming in at $258K followed by Action #13 at a measly $185K. :o:o

Any idea what the Action #19 closed at since I last saw it at something like over $70K with extended bidding underway? :o

$79k

How do you see the final prices on books you didn't bid on?

CC has a "Watch Item function" ... select a book (check box next to it), click Watch Item on top of the page and that book goes to your "Watching" in the MY BUYING section of your profile.

CC has a "Watch Item function" ... select a book (check box next to it), click Watch Item on top of the page and that book goes to your "Watching" in the MY BUYING section of your profile.

I believe this feature only works if you are already registered with CC. If you aren't, then I believe your are out of luck.

I believe this feature only works if you are already registered with CC. If you aren't, then I believe your are out of luck.

Indeed.

Danggit!

I put in a bid on another book and took a phone call right as i confirmed the bid and didnt realize that i put in $300, not $200 :eek:

I gotta hope that one doesnt get bid up anywhere near the mistaken max i put in :wishluck:

Not really that big of a mistake.

Definitely a lot better than putting in an extra "0" at the end which could really end up costing you by the time it's all said and done. lol

lol On bidnip, I once put the item # in the space for the bid price. Maxed out at 9,999,999.99. I caught it before it went to bid but it would have pretty much guaranteed I'd win.

Keep getting this error when going to their site:

This error (HTTP 501 Not Implemented or HTTP 505 Version Not Supported) means that the website you are visiting doesn't currently have the ability to display the webpage, or support the HTTP version used to request the page

Has happened before and don't know why. Using IE8 with windows 7.

This is a pretty good auction cycle for them with some of the AC books coming -- aside from the folks in Gold, anyone else watching the auctions closely or what do you have your eye on?
I'm closely watching all of the AC Actions but, won't be bidding on them. However, there's an Action #94 that would make my run from #71 through #100 complete. I will be bidding on this book.

Punishing bid placed :baiting:

my thrill bid win on a atlantic city book:

cap3737a.jpg

NICE! Congrats (worship)

I was very, VERY tempted to try and get that book with a "thrill bid" like yours but i just have WAY too many books in the Clink auction at the end of the month to go for it :(

Glad a boardie got it at least though. Enjoy! :applause:

That went for almost half guide, no? I was watching it but couldn't afford it this month. Great pickup (thumbs u

thxs! OS guide VF had it at $4,146. :whee: and in my eye the 'atlantic city' books are a pedigree. and BTW they do 6 month interest free time payments. :gossip: