• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Believe it or not, the Comiclink August focused auction has begun!

233 posts in this topic

This one sold for $3970, 7xguide. No, it wasn't me...

RADAFE62201181_174127.jpg

Looked long and hard at that book, as it's so damn hard to find. But maybe next time...

You can throw the guide out on White paged 50s DC books. There just are not too many of them and then throw in the face that only three are even graded. I'm suprised with Joker cover it did not go for more.

Looked long and hard at that book, as it's so damn hard to find. But maybe next time...

You can throw the guide out on White paged 50s DC books. There just are not too many of them and then throw in the face that only three are even graded. I'm suprised with Joker cover it did not go for more.

I bid very strong on the book and thought I had a shot...should have gone a bit higher, but who knows

I bid very strong on the book and thought I had a shot...should have gone a bit higher, but who knows

It sold for $633 in 2004, $2,451 in 2008, and now $3,970 in 2011.

I could have sworn that it sold another time as well somewhere between 2004, and 2008, for $1,500 or $1,600, and that I was the underbidder that time but I don't see such a sale in my CLink history, so maybe I'm just imagining that sale. I was hoping that it would sell in the 2K range. :cry: Congrats to the buyer, it's a beauty!

I could have sworn that it sold another time as well somewhere between 2004, and 2008, for $1,500 or $1,600, and that I was the underbidder that time but I don't see such a sale in my CLink history, so maybe I'm just imagining that sale. I was hoping that it would sell in the 2K range. :cry: Congrats to the buyer, it's a beauty!

I figured it would sell below the 2008 price. Oops! :blush:

It's the last GA Joker cover in Detective. He doesn't reappear until #332 in 1964.

The last GA Joker cover in Batman was #73 and he next reappeared in 1960.

I was surprised that the Superman 30 in 8.5 with White pages went for a whopping $3200 and the Action 80 featuring the second appearance of Mr. Mxyptlk went for $1544 (Crippen Copy). I always see these books in San Diego and I didn't think there was much interest in them. Congrats to the buyer; they're great copies!

It's the last GA Joker cover in Detective. He doesn't reappear until #332 in 1964.

The last GA Joker cover in Batman was #71 and he next reappeared in 1962.

In regards to Batman, I know that you meant #73 (rather than #71), issued back in 1952... and the Joker's next cover thereafter was in #136 in 1960... he appeared in several stories over that 8 year gap, but wasn't deemed worthy of a Batman cover lol

The last GA Joker cover in Batman was #71 and he next reappeared in 1962.

Actually it is 73

my pre hero New Adventure Comics are ending soon guys.

grab em while you can!

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/search.asp?FocusedOnly=1&where=auctions&title=new+adventure+comics&x=0&y=0&ItemType=CB

:whistle:

Unfortunately, it looks like the pre-hero DC books are following the same downward path as the early strip reprint books. :cry:

This is really unfortunate as these early rare books are an important part of comic book history and paved the way for the super-hero books that were to come. These books are definitely under-appreciated in today's super-hero focused market. :(

In regards to Batman, I know that you meant #73 (rather than #71), issued back in 1952... and the Joker's next cover thereafter was in #136 in 1960... he appeared in several stories over that 8 year gap, but wasn't deemed worthy of a Batman cover
A typo and a miss -- both now corrected.

I don't think the price is solely due to the lack of his appearances in the mid/late 50s but I think it has a little to do with it.

grab em while you can!

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/search.asp?FocusedOnly=1&where=auctions&title=new+adventure+comics&x=0&y=0&ItemType=CB

Unfortunately, it looks like the pre-hero DC books are following the same downward path as the early strip reprint books. :cry:

This is really unfortunate as these early rare books are an important part of comic book history and paved the way for the super-hero books that were to come. These books are definitely under-appreciated in today's super-hero focused market. :(

:cry:

i agree. there are a number of reasons why i think these pre hero DCs are undervalued, especially in grade, but i always knew that these are generally books that only a specific collector is after. not unlike most GA titles, i know, but the pool of New Adventure collectors is a small one.

overall though, i would say that i am happy about the prices realised in this current market on most of the books i had listed. the others.... :boo:

B.

Congratulations Steve on remarkable prices for your Action #80 and Superman #30! Prior to last night's auction I had never seen a copy of Superman #30 even sell for guide much less way over guide! All you need to get a high price for your book is at least 2 bidders on a death march! But who knows maybe these books are in demand now! E

grab em while you can!

Great books. I was surprised as well about the downward path. It seems like if the characters didn`t have some other kinda of mainstream exposure then the juice just isn`t there. A real shame as these have a lot of importance and history to them.