• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Desirable: First appearance or First Cover.

25 posts in this topic

What's your opinion? Now that I'm buying and slabbing more CGC comics I'm finding that I prefer the first cover over the first appearance. I'm dabbing my toes in Golden Age Batman/Detective and I would much rather have Two-Face's 1st cover over his pricier 1st appearance. I know, I know, buy what you like but it would be interesting to see what the Kings of the Four Color Society think. This wasn't my approach before buying slabs.

First appearance. Why not collect both first appearance and first cover?

+1

If you can afford both, buy both! Unfortunately for myself, a Captain America Comics #1 is out of my price range.

Doesn't first cover go for more money? Hulk 181 for example

Many times they are not mutually exclusive.

Good point.

Wolvie's 1st App. WAS Hulk # 180, I believe it was that cameo in the last panel of the last page( please correct me if I am wrong here)???

But that 1st app. WAS considered a Cameo, and is not a 1st app. Thus the value of Hulk # 181.

CAL who really wants to be right