• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone knows how to clean comic boxes?

17 posts in this topic

Yoh anyone had problems about their short and long boxes before about getting so dusty, and turning brown, you guys know how to clean these stuff. i tried rubbing alchohol and water its just get damp and get torn off, i just love it white looking after i noticed the new box i bought. any ideas?

please don't tell me get glass or filing cabinets cause i don't have much space for that :whistle:

Yoh anyone had problems about their short and long boxes before about getting so dusty, and turning brown, you guys know how to clean these stuff. i tried rubbing alchohol and water its just get damp and get torn off, i just love it white looking after i noticed the new box i bought. any ideas?

Try a plastic corrugated longbox.

please don't tell me get glass or filing cabinets cause i don't have much space for that :whistle:

:roflmao:

Just clean and dust the area where you put the box. Also would be better if you post a pic haha

I will soon after i figured out haha, yea maybe i should do some major cleanup after the exams Domugarte the one you bought on ebay that box is it heavy cause i encounter one at Druid's keep its like kilo a box..

I would like that plastic box if only available locally ..

mheen i'll just replace them after a year or so :(

Why not just buy new boxes? (shrug) I never had boxes turn yellow or get dirty,do you have them near sunlight or do you smoke in the house?If that's the case I would rethink where you keep your boxes in the first place,just sayin' 2c

Why not just buy new boxes? (shrug) I never had boxes turn yellow or get dirty,do you have them near sunlight or do you smoke in the house?If that's the case I would rethink where you keep your boxes in the first place,just sayin' 2c

+1

I have boxes that are over 20 years old that still look pretty new (shrug)

Boxes, like most paper products, are subject to the ravages of time. Depending on the acid level of the boxes, the humidity and temperatures of the surrounding environment, and various chemicals in the air (especially smoke) boxes will yellow with time.

As well, simple handling will turn boxes from skin oils and moisture.

Depending how much time and energy you want to put in, a good ol' eraser will often take some scuffing and discoloration away.

well thanks that's more information than i need :headbang: yeaa i guess its just the temperature from where i live in due to Tropical weather moisture is heavy i'll just replaced them after awhile and maybe sell it to my friend a dollar :grin:

well whats matter the most is the inside ayt? :foryou: cheers

and lol i don't smoke im underage for that and its not good (tsk)