• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS ASM #1 CGC 2.0 off white and X-Men #1 CGC 1.5 off white

54 posts in this topic

I emailed, not PM'd just so we are clear. And the "ill take it" icon is usually only if a seller says so no?

Check the :rulez:

Quoted from the "rules":

Prompt responses must be made to buy requests made through the boards (posts or PMs).

Doesn't say anything about :takeit: icon trumping another form of contact.

Not my place to argue this if Adam doesn't want to. No idea why you would choose to e-mail an unconditional :takeit: vs one on the thread, but honestly, the SELLER decided to sell it to you, so he must agree with you. That's all that matters. (thumbs u

I emailed, not PM'd just so we are clear. And the "ill take it" icon is usually only if a seller says so no?

Check the :rulez:

Quoted from the "rules":

Prompt responses must be made to buy requests made through the boards (posts or PMs).

Doesn't say anything about :takeit: icon trumping another form of contact.

You are correct. While many sellers do specifically state that "... :takeit: in the thread trumps PMs", there is no board rule as such, nor should there be as many buyers prefer to remain anonymous. (thumbs u

The :takeit: icon has always trumped any PM's or emails.

That's not true at all...seller sets the rules regarding PMs taking precedence over :takeit: in the thread. Typically, it's first-come first-serve (whether it's PM or in the thread), unless stated otherwise.

That's not true at all...seller sets the rules regarding PMs taking precedence over :takeit: in the thread. Typically, it's first-come first-serve (whether it's PM or in the thread), unless stated otherwise.

And thus the controversy...as some there are passionate opinions on either side of the fence.

Hey Guys,

This is my fault since I really didn't set enough ground rules or really take the time to read the sellers rules before I posted the sale. I usually only post in the Comic art section and things seem to be a little different there.

** I apologize to everyone involved for any hard feelings.**

Adam/Filter81 did email me and told me "no hard feelings" and I really appreciate that. I will try harder to abide by the forum rules next time I sell any comics here. Sincerely,

Jay

My rules are that first contact takes precedence over anything else, conditional or not.

This mixup illustrates why the seller should always state his selling rules upfront.

As AnkurJ states, there was no malice on anyone's part.

There was no mix-up at all - the seller clearly had his rules of selling engagement in his mind, and that's the only place it needs to be. Per CGCs :rulez:

This is true.

I lost out on a book last month to a PM that beat mine by a minute. Doesn't make it any more palatable, but it happens.

Cut throat. Over a good comic book deal. Pathetic.
I didn't see any cutthroat between the potential buyers, just the peanut gallery, who want to force their understanding of 'the rules' on this seller. Everything is fine.

Sold ok thanks. can you send me an email at Jaylitz@aol.com and we can work out the details please?

One seller. Two buyers.

Buyer A signals he wants it, but seller misses it. Seller sees Buyer B and agrees to sell it to him. Buyer A should be out of luck, not Buyer B.

Seller didn't say I'll sell to the first one who contacts me, he said deal to Filter.

End of story.

Adam got the shaft ONLY because he posted the :takeit:, and the books were not listed as sold otherwise.

ALSO. The books were sold off the forum (email), while being listed on the forum (pm, or :takeit: ).

So in theory alone. This is not a legitamate selling technique. Forum sales are to be done on the forum. Could have been a second chance on ebay accepted and netted the same results.

So yea, in this case. The seller dropped the ball by not listing the books as sold. And also broke the rules by offering up the books here, but selling them in an off forum transaction.