• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

End of the world, post apocolypse, and man's condition on earth future comics

67 posts in this topic

Those are awesome Theagenes :applause: I didn't think Buck Rogers story took place on earth though. I just thought he was a space man hero of the future.... kinda Star Trek like (shrug)

The first year or so of the strip is on a futuristic earth before it starts moving into the solar system with "Tiger-Men of Mars" in 1930. The adventures move back and forth from earth to other planets.

Looks like the 80's were full of these kind of stories. Samson from Gold Key was pretty fun. But as for moderns, I don't really see much. Maybe the idea has been played out.....or maybe we're too close to that senario actually happening and nobody wants to write about it. hm

Looks like the 80's were full of these kind of stories. Samson from Gold Key was pretty fun. But as for moderns, I don't really see much. Maybe the idea has been played out.....or maybe we're too close to that senario actually happening and nobody wants to write about it. hm

Sweet Tooth.

Sweet Tooth.

Can you be more specific..... unless pot smoking devil clowns is what you were refering too :baiting:

Sweet Tooth ?

Sweet Tooth.

Can you be more specific..... unless pot smoking devil clowns is what you were refering too :baiting:

Sweet Tooth ?

lol. The first volume trade is in the bottom left corner. It is a Vertigo book about a PA world where animal human hybrids began being born at the same time as a devastating global pandemic.

Not surprising. It was the last decade of the cold war. With advances in technology, the eminent face off with the Soviets were never any more closer than it was before at that time. As the cold war ended, the outlook in the '90s changed. So did the story telling.

Escape Of The Living Dead (Avatar Press)

It's was written by John A Russo who co-wrote the screenplay for "Night Of The Living Dead" with a certain George A Romero.

I picked up the first few issues but wasn't overly impressed...I think I read somewhere that it's being turned into a film but could be wrong!

PCC

Terminator would certainly qualify (any of the comic stories).

Planet of the Apes.

The Stand, although the book is a much better read, IMO.

Marvel 2099 series.

Of course 'Days of Future Past,' and 'Old Man Logan,' were mentioned already, and contained outstanding story-lines.

Judge Dredd - Wagner and Bolland

Strontium Dog by John Wagner, Alan Grant and Carlos Ezquerra

Judge Dredd - Wagner and Bolland

Strontium Dog by John Wagner, Alan Grant and Carlos Ezquerra

God Bless the brits :applause:

Don't forget Planet of the Vampires by the short lived 80s comic company Atlas.

Loved it but it only lasted 3 or 4 issues.

New version of this should be coming soon from the newly revitalized atlas I think :wishluck:

I need to make a trip over to my LCS and talk to the guys that work there about current story lines. Those guys read EVERYTHING !! :o

I've only read Walking Dead, and I like it.....