• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How large is CGC's facility?

31 posts in this topic

No particular reason for asking this, but this has always been on my mind... How much room do they have for books? I wonder because with the amounts of books we see graded per month, it must be tough to store them all unless they have a huge office, or a separate storage facility.

Thoughts? Or better yet, anyone actually visited the facility? hm

I've been there a few times. It's a pretty large building. Seems to be all on one floor but has a lot of square ft. I would think they can keep a lot of comics there and have lots of people employed. There seems to be two buildings. The other one might be for coins and other stuff.

There seems to be two lots and two buildings. The other company logos were on both buildings and I pulled into the first gate and the security on the line said to go to the next gated building. I went there and that was CGC.

If I were to guess I'd think it's about a 10,000 sq ft office. Give or take a few grand.

Oh you know just a basement under their mother's house.

That's the other grading company. :gossip:

Yeah, CGC has a double-wide :headbang:

60,000 square feet purpose-built facility will house all the Certified Collectibles Group companies, providing additional room to expand and increasing operational efficiency. The new structure also incorporates state-of-the-art security enhancements and cutting edge storm-resistance features.

60,000 square feet purpose-built facility will house all the Certified Collectibles Group companies, providing additional room to expand and increasing operational efficiency. The new structure also incorporates state-of-the-art security enhancements and cutting edge storm-resistance features.

Ohh I can see Ernst Stavro Blofeld turning :sick: at that snippet of info.

I visited the new facility when it first opened. After getting through the security gates, I drove out back of the building, passing by the lobby. There was no signs whatsoever. I parked out back. I noticed several USPS and Fed-Ex trucks. I wasn't sure how to get in the building so, I attempted to enter where the delivery trucks were. I heard security say "holy " I guess I caught them off guard. They told me They were waiting for me on the other side of the building, where the lobby is. I hear they have signs now. I was greeted by Eric and Steve in a fairly large lobby area. After the introductions, Steve left so Eric could take care of my submission in a small room off from the lobby. Steve said he wasn't allowed to see what I had for books. Also, due to new rules, no tour of the facility was allowed. Later, I met up with Steve and Paul for lunch. My wife and daughter joined us as well. Steve pulled a magic act, and made the lunch check disappear.

I visited the new facility when it first opened. After getting through the security gates, I drove out back of the building, passing by the lobby. There was no signs whatsoever. I parked out back. I noticed several USPS and Fed-Ex trucks. I wasn't sure how to get in the building so, I attempted to enter where the delivery trucks were. I heard security say "holy " I guess I caught them off guard. They told me They were waiting for me on the other side of the building, where the lobby is. I hear they have signs now. I was greeted by Eric and Steve in a fairly large lobby area. After the introductions, Steve left so Eric could take care of my submission in a small room off from the lobby. Steve said he wasn't allowed to see what I had for books. Also, due to new rules, no tour of the facility was allowed. Later, I met up with Steve and Paul for lunch. My wife and daughter joined us as well. Steve pulled a magic act, and made the lunch check disappear.

I don't blame CGC for not allowing people into the facility - the less information regarding the set-up, the less chances of a security breach. It's in all our interests at the end of the day, as submitters.

At least you got to have lunch with Mr. B and Litch.