• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LONDON Super Comic Convention Feb 25-26 2012

725 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. What do you all think are the chances that one of the dealers present would have a nice cgc x-men 1? Would love to be able to pick up a copy in hand rather than go through comiclink etc. Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question but living in the UK have no idea what a convention is like!

Hey everyone. What do you all think are the chances that one of the dealers present would have a nice cgc x-men 1? Would love to be able to pick up a copy in hand rather than go through comiclink etc. Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question but living in the UK have no idea what a convention is like!

If I was just after a specific book, I would avoid a wasted opportunity and contact the Silver Age dealers directly a few weeks before the con (actually, now) to discuss what's available.  Then, if there's something meeting your grade and price criteria I'm sure they will be only too happy to bring the book along.   Don't be shy - ask them.  

Spooky, you live just up the road from me. :o

If I was just after a specific book, I would avoid a wasted opportunity and contact the Silver Age dealers directly a few weeks before the con (actually, now) to discuss what's available.  Then, if there's something meeting your grade and price criteria I'm sure they will be only too happy to bring the book along.   Don't be shy - ask them.  

I would agree with this. Look at the LSCC site and contact the dealers you think would have a copy and work something out before you get to the con (thumbs u

I would agree with this. Look at the LSCC site and contact the dealers you think would have a copy and work something out before you get to the con (thumbs u

Rich Evans has a VG/FN raw copy on the Bedrock City website.

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. Have actually decided to sell a few more of my modern runs (Anyone in the UK after a walking dead full run?) first before i look at buying my grail!

Gaz973, looking at your website profile can see we have actaully met! You came round my house and bought three x-men slabs off me about a year ago, off the top of my head 109, 136 and 144 all 9.6 with white pages?

Cheers for the heads up on bedrock but really looking for a graded copy around 7.0, will have to keep looking, and saving!

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. Have actually decided to sell a few more of my modern runs (Anyone in the UK after a walking dead full run?) first before i look at buying my grail!

Gaz973, looking at your website profile can see we have actaully met! You came round my house and bought three x-men slabs off me about a year ago, off the top of my head 109, 136 and 144 all 9.6 with white pages?

Cheers for the heads up on bedrock but really looking for a graded copy around 7.0, will have to keep looking, and saving! [/quote

Welcome to the Boards...

What you looking to get for the WD run?

Hi Waylander. I have no idea what a full set plus all variants go for, was just going to ebay them and see what happens. See someone has a set going for £1000 but even I think thats a bit optimistic! 1-5 have a few flaws but the rest were all read once before being bagged and boarded, any idead? Apologies if this is the wrong place to post!

Hi Waylander. I have no idea what a full set plus all variants go for, was just going to ebay them and see what happens. See someone has a set going for £1000 but even I think thats a bit optimistic! 1-5 have a few flaws but the rest were all read once before being bagged and boarded, any idead? Apologies if this is the wrong place to post!

I sold a NM run of #3 - 60 for £350 last year if that helps total up?

Cheers for the heads up on bedrock but really looking for a graded copy around 7.0, will have to keep looking, and saving!

Hiya mate, I remember. :hi: I think there was a # 142 that I got in that bunch too.

I'll let you know if I see any slabbed X Men # 1's available. Current GPA average for a 7.0 is around $4480.