• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jive's CLINK marketing in absentia- August auction

122 posts in this topic

Upgraded a couple myself tonight....

And for the first time I actually sold 4 on CLink tonight (ASM 65 9.6W, ASM 81 9.8W, ASM 82 9.6W, ASM 128 9.8 OW)

Happy with all the prices I must say.

Blown away with the steal on this one. I thought I would get outbid for sure but I guess the date stamp scared people away? I like it!

ASM4094OW-W.jpg

ASM1785OW-W.jpg

ASM6392OW-W.jpg

Date stamp on the 40 doesnt bother me one bit. Like mysterio, as long as its placed well and nice and neat, i almost prefer a date stamp as a little piece of history on the book. I like them (shrug)

Can someone explain to me how that 63 is a 9.2?!?

That books looks like a 9.6-9.8 in the scan. Thats as nice a 9.2 as you could ever hope for. GREAT pickup there (worship)

And for the first time I actually sold 4 on CLink tonight (ASM 65 9.6W, ASM 81 9.8W, ASM 82 9.6W, ASM 128 9.8 OW)

Blown away with the steal on this one. I thought I would get outbid for sure but I guess the date stamp scared people away? I like it!

Date stamp on the 40 doesnt bother me one bit. Like mysterio, as long as its placed well and nice and neat, i almost prefer a date stamp as a little piece of history on the book. I like them (shrug)

Can someone explain to me how that 63 is a 9.2?!?

That books looks like a 9.6-9.8 in the scan. Thats as nice a 9.2 as you could ever hope for. GREAT pickup there (worship)

Nice pickups yourself, sufunk!

+1 on the 9.2, that is a stunning book and hopefully you will be just as happy with it in hand. It could be a back cover issue. :wishluck: In any event, a great looking book.

ASM4094OW-W.jpg

ASM1785OW-W.jpg

ASM6392OW-W.jpg

Nice pickups Bruno! Let me know if you plan on selling your undercopies! :devil:

:cloud9: I'm going to have to make room on the sig line! :headbang:

RAD7641C201163_103219.jpg

RAD746B5201184_17511.jpg

Nice pickups! I had very modest bids on both those books but needed to temper my enthusiasm given some stuff I'm eyeing tonight. Of course, if I don't win tonight, and hindsight being 20/20...

At any rate, looks like both books have found a worthy home! (thumbs u

The SA DC key books did pretty well.

Flash #105 CGC 9.2 went for 38K which is exactly what the 9.4 copy went on Heritage a few weeks ago, although the 9.4 copy was not a very attractive copy for the grade.

GL #1 in 8.5 went for over $8K and 8.0 for $5700 although I'm sure PQ played a part in those prices.

Happy Birthday to me! :banana:

Nothing like a free roll to pick up books for my collection.

Prices were soft IMO on the #89. I put in a heavy bid on that book that was not challenged (lucky for me). The book is impossible to find in HG. With the decent PQ on the book I thought I would have had have to use up my entire bid.

Lucky August is good month to buy usually with many people away on vacations and other such factors.

Yes, Roy the JIM 89 is the best cover in the run. JIM #83 cover blows balls,probably the worst cover in the entire run. :baiting:

RAD87D3A201183_164219.jpg

RADCEC562011729_151751.jpg

RADE8C4A201183_16524.jpg

The best win comes right now. Outta here to hang out with my true family.

31 shots. :devil:

vodka.jpg

Have a great night man!

Damn are you only 31?!? Ahhh to be young again! :cloud9:

Btw, those are some SWEET bday presents to yourself! :applause:

Yes, Roy the JIM 89 is the best cover in the run. JIM #83 cover blows balls,probably the worst cover in the entire run. :baiting:

Oh dear, now he's collecting JIM books.

:whee:

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday!

Yup SA ASM and JIM's. (thumbs u

VF's or VF+ for the most part. Sell the 9.4's+ to pay for solid eye appeal VF copies.

Happy birthday!

VF's or VF+ for the most part. Sell the 9.4's+ to pay for solid eye appeal VF copies.

I've starting to get a hankering to put the run together. Got a #84 9.0 and a #90 9.2 (the two toughest books) and I'm getting the itch.

Good luck!

Happy birthday!

I've starting to get a hankering to put the run together. Got a #84 9.0 and a #90 9.2 (the two toughest books) and I'm getting the itch.

Good luck!

Yea the 90, 103, 84, 89 are just impossible books to find in grade.

You should Thor is your favorite character, and IMO Jack Kirby's best work of all time (even over his historic FF run).

Let your dealer profit provide you with your favorite run. (thumbs u

I know that 89 is the classic cover, but I've always wanted 90. The Carbon Copy Man sounds like he's from the Paste Pot Pete/Terrible Tinkerer school of villains. I always like those kooky characters.

...I picked up a few gems,....

RADDBE19201188_19723.jpg

RAD0DF9B201189_133310.jpg

RADA8463201185_11529.jpg

RAD74EE3201185_172216.jpg

RAD83DD0201185_103810.jpg

your monkey was on fire. the action 338 and tec 354 were steals. have no fear, once the owner sees the miswrap on the GL 16 in person it'll be for sale again (for about the 4th time in the past year)

...I really wanted the Green Lantern #16 though,....

...yeah the Tec and the Action were good grabs,...hey when you snipe 80 auctions you get a few nuts,...I was kind of happy to see my old JLA #18 northland 9.6 sell for the same price as when i sold it 3 years ago when it was a 9.4,...