• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jive's CLINK marketing in absentia- August auction

122 posts in this topic

While we are on it, can someone explain that x-men 79 sale to me???

Over $3400 for a 9.6?!? The 9.6 #6 only went for $3513 and the 9.6 #14 went for under 2k. I know it's a picture frame and all but $3400 beans?!? That seems CRAZY high to me ???

The only 9.6.

Well, that makes a lot more sense but damn that's a lot of scratch! :o

Over $3400 for a 9.6?!? The 9.6 #6 only went for $3513 and the 9.6 #14 went for under 2k. I know it's a picture frame and all but $3400 beans?!? That seems CRAZY high to me ???

The only 9.6 for now........

Fixed that. (thumbs u

I pulled in very Sad #'s for the Venus books I had up there... in hindsight if I knew they were that under-appreciated I would have just held onto them... they were very tough to find over the years and I took a loss on every single one of them

Ouch, too bad about that. Odd coincidence -- the Venus Masterworks collection came out yesterday.

junk

:eyeroll:

Snooze.......

I'd like to see what you think isn't "junk", lizards.

I just can't see paying that kind of money for a reprint, especially when you can readily find and buy the original. Don't get me wrong, I have some reprints too.

I'm really not crazy about the reprints, either. The prices were strong tonight for sure.

Yeah I got blown out of the water on the 79 as well, but did manage to snag these two.

xmen75.jpg

xmen76.jpg

Congrats!!! Those are both SWEET! (worship)

I was the second underbidder on both of those I believe :sorry:

Real, REAL nice books! A lots of those measly "reprints" were about as nice a copy as I've ever seen and I was CRAZY for the reprints for almost all of the 90's.

The only 9.6.

I still remember buying that book on a Heritage Sunday night auction for $700 and change and selling it on Pedigree for $2,600 a few months later.

Best. Flip. Ever.

One of the legitimately scarce-in-UHG Bronze books.

My major win for last night:

RADBFB7A2011615_164729.jpg

Sold for $950 (or 45%) less then its last sale a year ago. Lot of weak/subpar prices across the board on stuff, especially Pedigree books in this auction. Obviously, not the case on everything, but I'm quite surprised as to the total of my C-link bill this month considering how many of my bids were of the under lowest-GPA variety.

I pulled in very Sad #'s for the Venus books I had up there... in hindsight if I knew they were that under-appreciated I would have just held onto them... they were very tough to find over the years and I took a loss on every single one of them (

That sucks and I'm sorry to hear it. I had a weak underbid on the #11 because I thought the cover was so cool. In a world of unlimited budgets I would have been all over that, and am still contemplating a run at that title at some point.

Sold for $950 (or 45%) less then its last sale a year ago. Lot of weak/subpar prices across the board on stuff, especially Pedigree books in this auction. Obviously, not the case on everything, but I'm quite surprised as to the total of my C-link bill this month considering how many of my bids were of the under lowest-GPA variety.

That's a beauty! There were a lot of books that went cheap, and then several others that seemed to be really high IMO. I could have spent triple what I did picking up pre-hero books that seemed like bargains, but there were a few (TOS #24 & 32 for example) that pulled what I thought were very strong numbers. I was top underbidder on a few pre-heros with what I thought were weak bids that would have no shot, and while I was ok with being outbid because I wanted to spend that money elsewhere, I also have a twinge of regret about the books I could have added...

Sold for $950 (or 45%) less then its last sale a year ago. Lot of weak/subpar prices across the board on stuff, especially Pedigree books in this auction.

maybe that just speaks volume of the rocky mountain pedigree. hm were there any pacific coasts books and how did they do?

The only 9.6.

Only 9.6 and I don't think there is anything graded higher either.

Sold for $950 (or 45%) less then its last sale a year ago. Lot of weak/subpar prices across the board on stuff, especially Pedigree books in this auction.

maybe that just speaks volume of the rocky mountain pedigree. hm were there any pacific coasts books and how did they do?

Don't recall seeing any Pac Coasts, but there were a few Curators and a small run of Northland and Green River Strange Tales that realized extremely strong prices. Landed only one of them myself.

Don't recall seeing any Pac Coasts, but there were a few Curators and a small run of Northland and Green River Strange Tales that realized extremely strong prices. Landed only one of them myself.

so it seems i may just be right, not knocking jive's win, would love to own the book at 45% of what was previously paid for it, but that's not a good investment. just sayin'.

so it seems i may just be right, not knocking jive's win, would love to own the book at 45% of what was previously paid for it, but that's not a good investment. just sayin'.

It all depends on if you care about the investment aspect or whether you just want the book...

Great pick up.

What's wrong with Rocky Mountain? I bought a Pac Coast FF for pretty cheaply in the last featured auction.

Thats a GREAT score!

Like the X-men annual 1, i didnt even bother bidding on it figuring it would go MUCH higher. The best part is, since its a Clink sale, it wont even be on gpa so if you want to re-sell it, you can ask full price and no one knows what a steal you got on it :banana: