• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jive's CLINK marketing in absentia- August auction

122 posts in this topic

...yeah the Tec and the Action were good grabs,...hey when you snipe 80 auctions you get a few nuts,...I was kind of happy to see my old JLA #18 northland 9.6 sell for the same price as when i sold it 3 years ago when it was a 9.4,...

nice return on investment for someone :tonofbricks:. tim would smile. of course, for every one of those there's a GL #32 TC which went for $1k more as a 9.6 than the 9.4 it was a month ago.

Probably my best win for this auction....$400 under the last sale of an 8.0. Actually shocked to see a price paid in GPA of $1,973 for an 8.5 in 2004....guess this book never made the "key jump" that practically every other key and sem-key Marvel has in the last five years. Shame, since it is a contemporary of books FF # 7, Hulk # 3, JIM # 85, making it one of the earliest Marvels. Heck, even Thor # 126, which came years later, has seen significant appreciation as a "start of the run" book.

RAD84B392011527_151743.jpg

$10,750 for the TOS # 1 in 9.0...gotta be a new record for a pre-hero Marvel.

Yeah, but I really thought it would go a bit higher.

I thought $8k would be its ceiling, for it to close at nearly $11k is a very strong showing....and still in excess of triple Guide.

$10,750 for the TOS # 1 in 9.0...gotta be a new record for a pre-hero Marvel.

Yeah, but I really thought it would go a bit higher.

Me too. As I'm sure Cheetah thought so as well. I think he's was hoping for around 13-15k.

Still quite impressive though - I bought the 7.5 #1 off Heritage a couple weeks ago for 2.6k as I didn't think my 8.3 k thrill bid on this 9.0 would make the cut.