• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What I Collect is Awesome and What You Collect Sucks

185 posts in this topic

What you don't quite seem to understand is that you MUST take ROI and liquidity into account when deciding what to buy. If you don't, then all you are is an adult who enjoys comic books, and that's creepy

What you don't quite seem to understand is that you MUST take ROI and liquidity into account when deciding what to buy. If you don't, then all you are is an adult who enjoys comic books, and that's creepy

Blasphemy. The next person that calls me an adult gets an internet tough guy beatdown the likes of which Hammer would be proud of.

9 years, and I still can't find a clique to join. :(

I know right? Hell, I've been here 9 years and I just NOW found out there WERE cliques. I'm always the last guy to find out about these things...sigh

Don't worry Chris, you can join me in the "I've been here for 9 years" clique.

I know right? Hell, I've been here 9 years and I just NOW found out there WERE cliques. I'm always the last guy to find out about these things...sigh

:banana::headbang:

My first clique :cloud9:

It's misdirection. There are no cliques.

:whistle:

:banana::headbang:

My first clique :cloud9:

triumvir_clique_white01.jpg

Which point are you making? hm

That not all ostentatious signatures detract. Maybe not well made point, but . . .

I wouldn't call Frazetta's signature ostentatious... it's not huge, diagonal, and covering the action/characters.

That not all ostentatious signatures detract. Maybe not well made point, but . . .

I wouldn't call Frazetta's signature ostentatious... it's not huge, diagonal, and covering the action/characters.

from webster's online: ostentatious: marked by or fond of conspicuous or vainglorious and sometimes pretentious display

vainglorious: boastful

I thought it was bit of that, but maybe not (shrug)

from webster's online: ostentatious: marked by or fond of conspicuous or vainglorious and sometimes pretentious display

vainglorious: boastful

I thought it was bit of that, but maybe not (shrug)

Ostentatious might not be the best word.

But here's an example of what I'd consider awful and defiling:

$(KGrHqIOKjYE40toIP!(BOVwpNbvFg~~60_3.JPG

Signed on top of the character? Silver ink on a silver-ish Galactus?

:frustrated:

The bottom right corner probably would've been the best spot on this busy cover.

Or inside on the first page.

Are those all yours? They are really nice. :applause:

The Sgt. Rock is not mine anymore. But I commissioned it and owned it for a while. :)

Actually, not that I care, but why would you have a Sgt. Rock sketch on an Avengers book? The sketch is beautiful, but it has nothing to do with the Avengers.

The Sgt. Rock is not mine anymore. But I commissioned it and owned it for a while. :)

Actually, not that I care, but why would you have a Sgt. Rock sketch on an Avengers book? The sketch is beautiful, but it has nothing to do with the Avengers.

There are no DC blanks. Given the choice of having Russ Heath draw Yellowjacket or Sgt. Rock, I chose Sgt. Rock. I'm pretty happy with the result.

Because Sgt Fury was busy being sketched on a JLA comic.

If you have the books I want, your criminal background is irrelevant.