• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Always check the dollar bins...

35 posts in this topic

i personally dont grab out stacks to be able to go through the boxes because the reason given allready. i dont want to bang up the books when i put them back, which i do since i think its rude to leave the books laying everywhere. just my personal opinion

I enjoy rummaging through dollar boxes, but the LCS in my home town used to have 25¢ boxes...

My LCS has a $0.35 bin which I used to start my reader copies of 52, Countdown (ech!), and modern Marvel issues. The bad thing is that they mark the cover indicating it is from the bins, blah.

The $1 bins at the Cons I've been able to get some moderns that I haven't been able to get a good price online for (ie. First Hitman appearance annual, early Swamp Thing issues, etc.).

I dig the most a weekly hobby show (cards, sports, comics, toys) a county away that has a few booths selling 25 cent comics that I've used to get me back into collecting and getting a lot of good reads at super-low prices. The best part is nearing December when a lot of booths drop their dollar comics to 25-50 cent bins and the vultures come out!

This is from either a dollar box or a three dollar box, either way, :cloud9:

IMG00489-20110815-0107.jpg

I can't fit slabs in my regular boxes. Was it a mag box?

Back when I lived in Midlesbrough there was an old second hand bookstore (Near to MacDonalds and opposite the post office for the other Boro boardies).

The old bloke who owned it also had about three dozen long boxes worth of comics (Mostly grading about 7.5ish).

I spent an afternoon going through his stock and pulled almost entire runs of

Daredevil 101 - 250

Fantastic Four 250 - 350

New Mutants 1 - 20

Ka-Zar the Savage 1-21 (Entire run)

Micronauts vol 1

ROM 1-10

Plus a host of other random pulls. All in all about 400 books.

He'd priced his entire stock at 50p per issue (About 80c these days).

If I remember rightly, I managed to negotiate him down to about £180 (About $300 current rate).

I went back a few weeks later to find he'd realised his pricing mistake and invested in an Overstreet. His entire stock suddenly jumped to guide price.

:shrug:

Other than the Miller DDs and #131, those prices are pretty much spot on for what you were buying.

#168, #181 :gossip: