• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Still waiting for my McFarlane SS from the last Desert Wind Comics Opportunity

426 posts in this topic

Sry for being impatient...but the only thing I wanted to know was, what is happening with my comics. I've paid to someone I don't know a lot of money and to be calmed I just wanted plain status updates, with information what is happening. But that wasn't like I wished it should be. And I think, if I hadn't start this thread, it would go a little bit longer.

I know, that Sharon/Chandler wrote me bofore the holidays, that the package came back. But I wrote a bunch of emails before to get at least a tracking number. Or few months (like 5 or 6 months) ago I asked if it is possible to get a picture of the 2 sketches. DWC told me, that this isn't a problem...just need a bit time. Ok, I can wait, I got them yesterday.

So again...I can wait. The only thing is that I want to know what is happening. I'm thankful, that you are offering such ops or can get sketches, but I never did business before with you and it could also be that you will disappear with the money and comics.

I had already bad experience with internet transactions.

100% agree. I'm glad that you've finally gotten information regarding your books. I, on the other hand, still do not know where my book is. I guess I will try to continue to be patient. :grin:

Sharon and Chandler are to be trusted on their word. You don't have to worry about that. But signings and CGC submissions take time. Sometimes a lot of time. They do all they can to take care of their clients. Believe me, they are not in it for the money. I wish I had the dough to send them more of my books!

Not in it for the money? Seriously? You think they do this cause they like you? Cause they enjoy working every show? Cause they enjoy standing in long lines with smelly fanboys? Don't kid yourself. It's all about the money...

Chainball,

Maybe you are smelly and totally into profiteering but not them. Do you know them? Have you ever talked to them? They enjoy working and talking with the comic book artists more than the money that it may bring in.

Sry for being impatient...but the only thing I wanted to know was, what is happening with my comics. I've paid to someone I don't know a lot of money and to be calmed I just wanted plain status updates, with information what is happening. But that wasn't like I wished it should be. And I think, if I hadn't start this thread, it would go a little bit longer.

I know, that Sharon/Chandler wrote me bofore the holidays, that the package came back. But I wrote a bunch of emails before to get at least a tracking number. Or few months (like 5 or 6 months) ago I asked if it is possible to get a picture of the 2 sketches. DWC told me, that this isn't a problem...just need a bit time. Ok, I can wait, I got them yesterday.

So again...I can wait. The only thing is that I want to know what is happening. I'm thankful, that you are offering such ops or can get sketches, but I never did business before with you and it could also be that you will disappear with the money and comics.

100% agree. I'm glad that you've finally gotten information regarding your books. I, on the other hand, still do not know where my book is. I guess I will try to continue to be patient. :grin:

Sharon and Chandler are to be trusted on their word. You don't have to worry about that. But signings and CGC submissions take time. Sometimes a lot of time. They do all they can to take care of their clients. Believe me, they are not in it for the money. I wish I had the dough to send them more of my books!

Not in it for the money? Seriously? You think they do this cause they like you? Cause they enjoy working every show? Cause they enjoy standing in long lines with smelly fanboys? Don't kid yourself. It's all about the money...

Chainball,

Maybe you are smelly and totally into profiteering but not them. Do you know them? Have you ever talked to them? They enjoy working and talking with the comic book artists more than the money that it may bring in.

wow how's that kool aid taste. We have all talked to them before.

I've pretty much sat this whole thread out till now, but silverweb, that's the absolute most ridiculous thing you've said.

NOBODY does what they do for the "love" of it.

It's a business.

No question, I'm sure DWC does enjoy talking to Stan and Todd and Joe and all the other legends. Who wouldn't. But this IS a full time job, and you don't do this at the level they do and not make money.

Chainnball, Jespersen, myself, Adonis, we all know Chandler very well.

We know them better then most, because we are at several shows together WORKING.

We are all on the front lines together at the shows and they make more money then any of us put together.

But it's a BUSINESS.

Not a fun-factory.

Chainball,

lol

Even Chandler won't say that the purpose of his business isn't to profit.

That's the difference between a business and a charity.

It's how they pay the rent, keep the lights on, and put food on the table. Saying that they are "in it for the money" isn't a slam, it's a fact of life, and it's no different than any other business on the planet.

But Brian may....indeed.....be smelly.

I've only seen most of these guys at a couple shows running around and if they're only doing it for fun they need to get out more. lol

I've worked with a few of these guys handing over books to them and it's been great. I submitted to DWC once. The only issue I had from that one submission is I wanted the books submitted under my account. That way I can keep my eye on them. Part of the issue was we also disagreed on what tier to submit the books under. I called a few times asking about my books and although I couldn't get a straight answer I did understand they were busy.

I believe Sharon mentioned that their submissions doubled each of the last 4 years. How can this be an accurate assessment when they insist on submitting books under their account?

I got my books with an extra signature in a decent amount of time so overall not a bad experience. Until the policy about submitting under my account changes I won't be submitting again but like they say they aren't for everyone.

sometimes i'm glad i'm not short, to have to look at men's crotches all day :(

Yet that's where you are looking anyway. lol

Chainball,

lol, yes I know Chandler and Sharon, probably better than you. You obviously were never a witness. i was. I know what goes into working a show. If they wanted to just talk to the creators, they can do that as an attendee. No need to take submissions unless, oh wait, they were MAKING MONEY!!!!

well it isn't really considered a not for profit business when generated revenue go towards much needed vacations and such. lol

come on, with all the biatching and complaining on this very thread, you think they do this for fun?

you believe that, I got some 9.9 10.0 11.0 PGX slabs to sell ya.

btw, they are signed by Jack Kirby.

I have been getting stuff from them for 4 years now, never had problems... And have kept stuff for me for months...With weird off the wall requests, all done, been discreet about my requests as well...I don't see what the fuzz is .. ???
Perhaps the fact that others have had transactions that did not go well? My experiences with DWC have been fine as well, but thats no reason to make light of other peoples problems.

Word..

You guys are entitled to your opinions and I am entitled to mine. I respect your opinions based on your experiences. My opinion is based on a large number of transactions and several meetings at cons with Sharon and Chandler. :headbang:

huge difference between your opinions and our facts.

I love dealing with Chandler and Sharon. I have also been dealing with them for about 4 years and I've submitted over 100 books to them by both mail order as well as in person at shows. I actually just submitted 22 books today at the Nuke the Fridge Event and I can tell you they were swamped. Keep trying to get ahold of them and they will work it out for you.