• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lady Mechanika

173 posts in this topic

Can someone give me a basic rundown on this series? What is the story about, and some info on the characters?

+1

Is everyone collecting this title just for the covers? Is there a story? Please share

I've found the story quite good. There is a lot of dialog, which in my opinion, is rare these days. LM focuses on a 'mechanikal' (at least part), women with a sense of style, flair, and obviously ... looks. She discovers another similar to her and over the course of the last three issues, has attempted to discover more about her own past and why she is the way she is. LM has a bit of assassin in her and appears to be able to hold her own when confronted with danger.

And yes ... the covers are hawt. Benitiz's art is top notch and keeps me wanting for more.

Hope this helps -

Matt

As Matt said, the art and level of detail is excellent. I personally like dialogue so that is a plus for me and I like the way Joe frames out the pages.

Lady M is a detective/PI/Bounty Hunter type and very skilled, tough. She has a mechanical arm and the origin is something she is trying to find out. This serves as the underlying story, on top of the regular story arc.

It's a book I've read numerous times, and spending more and more time studying the detail he is purring into it.

#3 due out next week!

You can order issue three on the Aspen site, everything but the pulp variant, it says available February 29th for that one.

We'll see about that... ;)

:grin:

You know who to contact when the 9.8's float your way...me! :takeit:

You can order issue three on the Aspen site, everything but the pulp variant, it says available February 29th for that one.

We'll see about that... ;)

:grin:

:gossip: check your calendar Dre...

I'm fully aware of the fact that is says February of next year, but do you forget I operate a little differently... Take that date and subtract about two months. lol

I'm just waiting on a phone call to see when I'll have them available.

(thumbs u

Aspen typically gives the makers of a variant a window to be the exclusive seller of that variant, before they add it to their store. I'm assuming Dre is going to work a deal with the people who made the variant. Is it Pulp Fiction in Long Beach? In any case, yes, if you want a crisp 9.8 of that variant, you all know who to call... :)

I will have a limited # of the Pulp's Comics Variant sometime next week. I am not allowed to pre-sell or sell until they arrive in France sometime next week (they are in transit).

So if anyone is looking for it you'll know where to find it. :)

Just finished off #3 and was pretty impressed. These are my points of happiness with this series:

1. Retail price is $2.99 and not $3.99 or $4.99 or $5.99 or more

2. Book had, what felt like 25% more pages than a typical book

3. LM #3, like the previous issues, had copious amounts of dialog which, is refreshing to say the least and led to a 30 min slow read time instead of a $3.99 for a 5 minutes value.

4. The art. 'nuff said.

5. I feel that Joe is doing a rather good job of moving the story on and introducing some very unique characters (i.e. bippo / pippo)

6. Honestly, i kinda like the 4 to 6 month turn time between issues ... really helped to build some anticipation for the following issue.

So ... again, the series is tops and easily one of the top 5 for 2011.

M.