• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goldie's Dining Room

258 posts in this topic

My question to you Goldie is, why has Comics General become a worthless dosshole? Is it because of the endless attention seeking bilge that is spewed from some people who seem to have no life or is it just that every place has it's day before it falls into mindless nothingness?

I sense existential despair. However (and thank you for the use of the word "bilge" - always a favourite) I can only say that all good things eventually come to an end, either through extrinsic or intrinsic forces. Ultimately it's the bilge.

eventually it will come to and end.

Comics general has drifted because many of the Posters there are not there for Comics. Until that is addressed, the deteriaoration rate will continue...

CAL who is part guilty, but also is there for the Comics...

did someone say Naz(z) ? :)

with the "I Can't Explain" opening riff... :gossip:

I have most of these LP's and original 7's.

Here's a diff Duke

The Amboy Dukes were always a cut above most Nuggets bands, and that would be at least partly down to the Nuge's guitar work, which was pretty solid even then. Very odd seeing him perform a trippy song like that one dressed in hippy garb....

As far as I know, this is the only Nugget to reach #1 on the American charts. I'll let you guys find and post the 2 that made it to #2.

Ed King, the guitarist in Strawberry Alarm Clock, went on to join...Lynyrd Skynyrd hm

Never knew either of those two factoids. (thumbs u

I wonder if McKean, Guest and Shearer ever saw that vid...