• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

o/t...science fair project ideas

86 posts in this topic

ok everyone, this is way off topic, but I was wondering if anyone out there with an 8th grader has any really good science fair project ideas?...for the past 5 years, I have come up with some good ones, but I am just out of ideas outside of the "regulars"...

can anyone give my 8th grade daughter some direction (besides her parents)

An analysis of my Dad's emotional reaction if I randomly took his CGC comics and mailed them to members of the CGC boards.

I volunteer to be a recipient! All in the interest of science of course.

I'll take the Action #1

An analysis of my Dad's emotional reaction if I randomly took his CGC comics and mailed them to members of the CGC boards.

I volunteer to be a recipient! All in the interest of science of course.

I'll take the Action #1

Sorry it is random, that wouldn't be keeping with the scientific method. Let's keep focused here.

ok everyone, this is way off topic, but I was wondering if anyone out there with an 8th grader has any really good science fair project ideas?...for the past 5 years, I have come up with some good ones, but I am just out of ideas outside of the "regulars"...

This is right up my alley Rick! Here are some ideas that have worked well with my students:

1. Chromatic Adaptation in Human Eyes: Does wavelength (ROYGBIV) affect eye sight?

2. Does Garlic slow down bacteria growth in foods?

3. Do left or right handed teens have faster reaction times?

4. Do blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries improve short term or long term memory?

5. What affects do caffeine products have on heart rate and blood pressure?

LMK if you have any questions...

Rick,

I have been a judge at science fairs from the regional to the national level, and the one thing that always sets the winners apart from the losers is an experiment rather than a demonstration. It can be simple, but you need at least an experimental group and a control group, and then you use a t-test of whatever is appropriate to compare the two groups.

I have given talks to teachers at the best schools on how to help their students win, and do an experiment is what I always tell them. Demonstrations are fun, experiments are science, and the competition is at a science fair.

Good Luck!

Rich

When my daughter was in third grade, we boiled and bleached the bones from a whole chicken and then tried to put it back together with a hot glue gun. It was something of an abomination.

He said "Science Fair", not "Mad Science Fair"! lol

Write a thesis about why SA Marvel covers shrink, creating the overhang at the top of the cover.

Write a thesis about why SA Marvel covers interiors shrink, creating the overhang at the top of the cover.

Fixed that for you.

Write a thesis about why SA Marvel covers interiors shrink, creating the overhang at the top of the cover.

Fixed that for you.

Sorry, wasn't articulate enough.

The cover shrinks horizontally, and stretches vertically creating the overhang.

The interior pages do as well, depending on storage conditions but nowhere near what the cover does.

:cool:

Fixed that for you.

Sorry, wasn't articulate enough.

The cover shrinks horizontally, and stretches vertically creating the overhang.

The interior pages do as well, depending on storage conditions but nowhere near what the cover does.

:cool:

Because Marvel Comics are junky. :sumo: