• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HURRICANE IRENE FLOOD SALE - GOTTA HATE IT!

174 posts in this topic

Recap of what's left:

Page 1:

Master 75 $40

Tales from the Crypt 42 $40

Tales from the Crypt 40 $40

Page 2:

All Flash 30 $75

Three Stooges 1 St John (53) $70

Terrors of the Jungle 18 $40

All Star 33 $350

Page 3:

Detective 225 $400

Batman 25 $250 - the colors didn't do so hot on this one front or back cover

Batman 68 $50 - bottom of the back cover was stuck too tight to the board, hence the missing piece

This thread is going to make me cry...I can only imagine if it were my books!

:cry:

Trust me, I cried enough for the both of us and the rest of the boards as well

:sorry:

This thread makes baby Jeebus cry too :cry:

Hijacking this thread for a minute. I've known Allen for nearly 25 years now and consider him a good friend.

I just talked to Allen on the phone. The picture of the house doesn't really look all that bad at first does it? Well look again, those cinder blocks you see in front; that's the foundation of the house! Water moved the house 30 feet off the foundation!

The storm surge was so bad it blew a hole through his barn.

Everything Allen could salvage out of his house didn't fill up the cab of his truck.

Allen's mother's house had 1-1/2 feet of water in it. The water washed out one corner of her house so the house had lowered on that corner. FEMA has told her she should just bulldoze it down.

Allen (nor his mom) didn't have flood insurance so all they have is whatever FEMA will do to help.

My friends, Allen has literately lost everything he owned. Let's please help him out anyway we can. If you don't see a book that you want, then send Allen a PM and donate some money to him if your able.

Thank you,

David

irene2.jpg

irene1.jpg

Hijacking this thread for a minute. I've known Allen for nearly 25 years now and consider him a good friend.

I just talked to Allen on the phone. The picture of the house doesn't really look all that bad at first does it? Well look again, those cinder blocks you see in front; that's the foundation of the house! Water moved the house 30 feet off the foundation!

The storm surge was so bad it blew a hole through his barn.

Everything Allen could salvage out of his house didn't fill up the cab of his truck.

Allen's mother's house had 1-1/2 feet of water in it. The water washed out one corner of her house so the house had lowered on that corner. FEMA has told her she should just bulldoze it down.

Allen (nor his mom) didn't have flood insurance so all they have is whatever FEMA will do to help.

My friends, Allen has literately lost everything he owned. Let's please help him out anyway we can. If you don't see a book that you want, then send Allen a PM and donate some money to him if your able.

Thank you,

David

irene2.jpg

irene1.jpg

Wow. I sent Allen a PM. I would also like to add this book to the FS thread. Send payment to Allen and PM me your address. How about $500 shipped. The last copy to sell on ebay in this condition sold for $542

Supermanbook1942001.jpg

Hey folks, I got crushed by hurricane Irene two weeks ago. Lost everything including a lot of books that were total losses and some that survived (these). Some how or another about half of my silver and gold books made it out completely dry, thank God for tight mylar seals. In case any of you have ever wondered about CGC's cases being water tight the answer is: no, not always. Here's a couple of pics of my house, or whats left of it, its a total loss; just waiting on FEMA (still).

Now for these books and this sale. They've all been wet, most were mid to high grade, a few slabs that have been broken out to dry. You could press them all out and make them pretty again BUT the staples are rusted on every one and its already affecting the paper. That literally happened over night. Id like to sell them as is because right now I have no where permanant to stay and things pretty much suck and I really hate losing these books as it is. A lot of them I have had for years and did not plan on selling...ever. Some of them have a better appearance than others, they dried better without color loss and too much waveiness. They are complete and perfectly readable, none of the covers or pages stuck together and like I said most were mid to high grade to begin with. I've been air drying them out but they still have a little bit of a musty smell to them; the river is not kind folks!

Payment is by Paypal only and I need it within two days. Shipping is going to be exact via USPS, I'll calculate with your zip code before payment. I'll ship em anywhere in the world! Oh yeah forgot! :takeit: trumps any PMs :) Thanks everyone!!

irene2.jpg

irene1.jpg

Sorry to hear about your loss. Good luck!

I'll add this book to the thread. Proceeds go to Allen.

Crime Does Not Pay 44 4.0 Cream to off white pages. Still a bit of gloss to the cover. 50.00 shipped

12065.jpg