• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HURRICANE IRENE FLOOD SALE - GOTTA HATE IT!

174 posts in this topic

In the spirit of this thread, I'm offering up a very hard to find and desirable August 1960 Jack Kirby origin pre-Marvel in good condition. Everyone knows this book is harder to find in fine or better than almost any other 60s Marvel origin comic, and it's not from lack of trying. This is the better of two copies I own, and it's still just in good...

full disclosure: I purchased this from Granite Falls' (and the Boards) very own David Byrnes at Heroes Convention in June of this year, to the best of my knowledge it has never been pressed or manipulated in any way other than to put it in Mylar with acid-free backing:

Yes, the ever-elusive RAWHIDE KID 17.

A donation of $75, either directly to Alan or through me to Alan, gets you this book.

If I can upload an image before it sells, I will. RAWHIDE KID 17!

I posted an ASM 30 and ASM 46 in a different thread with 100% going to the OP

Sorry - I didnt know donation books were being posted here :makepoint:

There's nothing wrong with having a seperate thread. BTW, very nice books.

In the spirit of this thread, I'm offering up a very hard to find and desirable August 1960 Jack Kirby origin pre-Marvel in good condition. Everyone knows this book is harder to find in fine or better than almost any other 60s Marvel origin comic, and it's not from lack of trying. This is the better of two copies I own, and it's still just in good...

full disclosure: I purchased this from Granite Falls' (and the Boards) very own David Byrnes at Heroes Convention in June of this year, to the best of my knowledge it has never been pressed or manipulated in any way other than to put it in Mylar with acid-free backing:

A donation of $75, either directly to Alan or through me to Alan, gets you this book.

:acclaim:

Recap of what's left:

Page 1:

Master 75 $40

Page 2:

All Flash 30 $75

Three Stooges 1 St John (53) $70

Terrors of the Jungle 18 $40

All Star 33 $350

Page 3:

Detective 225 $400

Batman 25 $250 - the colors didn't do so hot on this one front or back cover

Page 4:

Adventures of Superman HC $500 Shipped *Donated by comicdonna* **SOLD to Comics-n-ERB**

Crime Does Not Pay 44 4.0 Cream to off white pages. Still a bit of gloss to the cover. 50.00 shipped *Donated by Doiby_Dickles* **SOLD to whomerjay**

Page 5:

Incredible Hulk #144 CGC 9.0 OW Pages $170.00 Shipped. *Donated by The Resurrection* **SOLD to gaz973**

Page 6:

Junior Miss 24 F/VF $45 (Shipped) Crease and tear along bottom cover. *Donated by decepticon* **SOLD to Warren Oates**

Blue Beetle 9 VGF 5.0 $175 *Donated by 143ksk* **SOLD to Doiby_Dickles**

HOT STUFF #47 cgc 9.6 ow/w $40 *Donated by Tsimanga*

IBIS THE INVINCIBLE #3 Basil Wolverton "Mystic Moot" story. VG-FN $160 shipped anywhere else *Donated by capt_comics*

Page 7:

Terrifying Tales 12 $45

All Flash 9 $100

ASM 36 CGC 8.5 OW/W $150 *Donated by jkrk* **SOLD to Tsimanga**

Page 8:

Nancy (HC), Superman Classics, Batman Dailies, Action figure, Invaders 8 (Manitoba w/ cert), Shazam 1, Heroes Inc (LOT) $100 *Donated by Shaven Kev*

Famous First Edition F-8 (7.0), Famous First Edition F-5 (7.0), Famous First Edition C-61 (9.2), Famous First Edition C-28 (7.5), Famous First Edition C-26 (6.0) LOT $150 *Donated by Shaven Kev*

All Flash 2 $200 cover is split about 3/4 of the way up

Page 10:

Crime Suspenstories 11 $30 the front cover colors did not fair too well coming off of the bag

Super Duck Group make a $70 (Guide is about $205) *Donated by skypinkblu*

Marvel Premiere 15 CGC 9.0 - White Pages $110 Shipped *Donated by Hibou*

Page 11:

Avengers #111 VF/NM - $40 *Donated by Liaton-9000*

FF 172 CGC 9.4 (30 Cent Variant) OW/W $100 *Donated by Silver Surfer* **SOLD to FlyingDonut**

Page 12:

RAWHIDE KID 17 & August 1960 Jack Kirby origin pre-Marvel in good condition - full disclosure: I purchased this from Granite Falls' (and the Boards) very own David Byrnes at Heroes Convention in June of this year, to the best of my knowledge it has never been pressed or manipulated in any way other than to put it in Mylar with acid-free backing. $75 *Donated by comicparadox*

put together a little CRAZY RANDOM pile ..... Proceeds will be donated to the OP...... sorry for your loss...... :news: reduced to $35 shipped..... :)

The Thor Blank will be sketched and delivered raw (by me) ..... not published, but have sold oil paintings at local shows..... been getting into comic art and sketching as of late. Your choice of Character....... :)

DONATE.jpg

DONATE001.jpg

DONATE002.jpg

DONATE003.jpg

DONATE004.jpg

DONATE005.jpg

DONATE006.jpg

DONATE007.jpg

DONATE008.jpg

DONATE009.jpg

DONATE010.jpg

DONATE011.jpg

DONATE012.jpg

DONATE013.jpg

DONATE014.jpg

DONATE015.jpg

DONATE016.jpg

DONATE017.jpg

DONATE018.jpg

DONATE019.jpg

GOOD LUCK WITH THE SALE

I'm adding this book as per Allen's consent...

After posting :takeit: please contact OP (Allen) for his PayPal information and forward your shipping address to me.

Once paid, I'll ship out the book. :)

Marvel Premiere 15

CGC 9.0 - White Pages

$110 Shipped

(I'm sorry about the picture but I'm doing this from my phone and it was the only thing I had that was already uploaded into photobucket. I can provide a scan later. The book looks really sharp... back cover too.)

caps5-1.jpg

:takeit:

I don't need no stinking scans. A good is a good and it's for a good guy and a good cause.

I'll Take It! :takeit: