• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HURRICANE IRENE FLOOD SALE - GOTTA HATE IT!

174 posts in this topic

Hijacking this thread for a minute. I've known Allen for nearly 25 years now and consider him a good friend.

I just talked to Allen on the phone. The picture of the house doesn't really look all that bad at first does it? Well look again, those cinder blocks you see in front; that's the foundation of the house! Water moved the house 30 feet off the foundation!

The storm surge was so bad it blew a hole through his barn.

Everything Allen could salvage out of his house didn't fill up the cab of his truck.

Allen's mother's house had 1-1/2 feet of water in it. The water washed out one corner of her house so the house had lowered on that corner. FEMA has told her she should just bulldoze it down.

Allen (nor his mom) didn't have flood insurance so all they have is whatever FEMA will do to help.

My friends, Allen has literately lost everything he owned. Let's please help him out anyway we can. If you don't see a book that you want, then send Allen a PM and donate some money to him if your able.

Thank you,

David

irene2.jpg

irene1.jpg

Wow. I sent Allen a PM. I would also like to add this book to the FS thread. Send payment to Allen and PM me your address. How about $500 shipped. The last copy to sell on ebay in this condition sold for $542

Supermanbook1942001.jpg

I've got a copy of this book without Dustjacket. Really a neat book.

Since I've no DJ :takeit:

Got my book! Looks great, thanks Mike!

Strange tales 135, about a 7.0 or so. On the back scan you will see there is a smudge/stain/waviness(idk what to call it) and there is a tiny tear on the right edge FC. These are old pictures, my scanner is down. It has been pressed and the waviness isn't there anymore on the BC.

Anyhow I paid 85 without shipping so 95$ shipped is the price, send payment to Allen and PM me your address.

Thanks,

Phill

st135f.jpg

135b.jpg

Hey everyone, just an update on the comics. Still some good ones left :)

I am in the process of packing all that sold. With work, coaching soccer and my commute to and from work it hasn't been as easy getting them ready but I am doing my best to get them ready to go on Saturday.

Thank you again to all who bought and donated, may God bless everyone of you as he has me with all of you. Comics has been my life since for nearly thirty years and it's really a special thing to see everyone come together to help me like this.

Hey everyone, just an update on the comics. Still some good ones left :)

I am in the process of packing all that sold. With work, coaching soccer and my commute to and from work it hasn't been as easy getting them ready but I am doing my best to get them ready to go on Saturday.

Thank you again to all who bought and donated, may God bless everyone of you as he has me with all of you. Comics has been my life since for nearly thirty years and it's really a special thing to see everyone come together to help me like this.

(thumbs u

:hi:

Hi Everyone! Thanks to everyone again for all the support after the hurricane. It really meant a lot to me. Just wanted to let you all know that last week I did get into an apartment and am getting caught up on everything. A little different renting after owning for all these years but at least I'm in my own place again. Thanks to all again. See you around the boards!

Hi Everyone! Thanks to everyone again for all the support after the hurricane. It really meant a lot to me. Just wanted to let you all know that last week I did get into an apartment and am getting caught up on everything. A little different renting after owning for all these years but at least I'm in my own place again. Thanks to all again. See you around the boards!
I can relate to the renting part. I am getting used to it. I am sure you will too. See ya on the boards. :)

Glad you got yourself a solid place now Allen. Always adds a feeling of stability!

David

Glad to hear this ...................I hope FEMA treated you fairly