• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EC Archives are coming back!

43 posts in this topic

The best way to color archive projects is to follow Fantagraphics lead with the Barks' book and DC's lead with Spirit Archives and use flat coloring, a muted pallet, and a non-glossy paper. Despite the flaw in the coloring, though, the EC Archives are a wonderful product. Fortunately, the coloring does not distract and is far more subtle than some of Marvel's attempts to use modern coloring on classic material.

The best way to color archive projects is to follow Fantagraphics lead with the Barks' book and DC's lead with Spirit Archives and use flat coloring, a muted pallet, and a non-glossy paper.

AMEN!

If you have to go glossy, do it the Simonson Thor Omnibus way... consider that inking was done with consideration to the paper type, so if you change the paper type to something glossy you need to adjust the coloring, a la Simonson's Omnibus

I received the Haunt of Fear volume as a Christmas gift. I know the colors aren't comic book accurate, but they do enhance the artwork. I also love the notes and essays throughout the book. I hope that the project is successful and continues until the entire New Trend line is reprinted. :wishluck:

Looks like the EC Archives are set to return for a third time from Dark Horse.

EC ARCHIVES: TALES FROM THE CRYPT VOLUME 4 HC

Various (W/A/C)

Dark Horse Comics brings you the legendary Tales from the Crypt in all its gory glory! This grisly grimoire has been digitally recolored—using Marie Severin’s original colors as a guide—and features stories drawn by all-star comic artists Jack Davis, Joe Orlando, Jack Kamen, Graham Ingels, George Evans, Reed Crandall, Bill Elder, and Bernie Krigstein! Collects Tales from the Crypt issues #35–#40 in full color!

• Foreword by industry legend Russ Cochran!

• Includes all the original ads, text pieces, and letters!

• Look for more additions to the EC line! Two-Fisted Tales, Weird Fantasy, and more!

“Possibly, the greatest line of comics ever produced.” —Mike Richardson

FC, HC, 8 3/16” x 11”, 216 pgs. $49.99

Great news !!

Phil

I don't see this in my preorders section yet. Any idea when this is set to release?

I missed that news too. From Diamond's webpage, this will be solicited in August but in DH's August Solicitations list released in May this was absent so this must have happened quick?

Oh and :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Diamond Info Linky

STK622083.jpg

I have be waiting for WS vol 4 FOREVER....please get that out on a priority basis.

Me too, but it's not one of the next four scheduled according to someone on the Masterworks boards who called Russ. It's going to be:

Tales from the Crypt 4

Two-Fisted Tales 3

Haunt of Fear 3

Vault of Horror 2

Also I see the dimensions of the DH volumes will be slightly smaller than the previous volumes. My OCD is starting to twitch.

I picked up a collection of the original reprints (80s?)with the slip covers...is there any value? I'm away from home, or I would post pics.

The Russ Cochran large slipcase black and white album reprints? They generally go for reasonable money, especially the three horror titles ($125 - 175, depending on condition). Too heavy to ship internationally though. :cry:

That's them...very heavy and black and white...read once or twice but one ore two slipcases show some shelfwear. Thanks very much. Would trade for holes in my collection...