• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Organization and Pricing Help

10 posts in this topic

As a kid I used to collect comics. I never really stopped, but I sure did slow down. At least once a week I would go to my local comic book store and spend whatever money I had on old back issue comics. If I ever wanted to know the cost of a book I owned I would pick up that months issue of Wizard.

Well it's 2011 and I find myself slowly getting back into comics. I even started hanging them up in my office.

With all the comics I already own and the new ones I have been pickup again recently I am here to ask for advice.

What is the best way to organize my collection? What is everyones preferred method for doing this?

Also, what do people use now to figure out the price of their comics? Is there a website everyone likes or does one still go out and just buy the latest copy of Wizard?

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. I really appreciate it.

Is there a website everyone likes or does one still go out and just buy the latest copy of Wizard?

[font:Book Antiqua]Bwa hahhahaahha :roflmao:

Welcome to the boards....

For price you can look this web site:

Comics Price Guide

Wizard Magazine it’s not in the market for a long time

Now they do conventions with C & D guest list...[/font]

here's a good one for real sales of CGC graded books http://comics.gpanalysis.com/default.asp .

It'll cost you 10 dollars per month but it's a great buying/selling tool. Wizard isn't really a reliable price guide in my opinion. stick with overstreet or Comics Price Guide isn't to bad for an online resource http://www.comicspriceguide.com

Hope this helps and WTTB

For organization I'm a big fan of Comic Collector from Collectorz.com. They are up to version 5.1 (Mac 5.1 by the end of the month). It helps me keep my books in order. I've got 2 filing cabinets that I use to store so having CC around is great. They also have a iOS and Android mobile app that you can export part or all of your collection to. Great for picking up books at a convention.

Good Morning Everyone,

Thank you all for commenting. Sounds like I have a few things to check out this morning.

WTTB and WBTTH:)

When you say organize, do you mean within the box they're in, or do you mean like in an inventory list with grades, value and such?

Both actually. What I started doing last night was using Google Docs and create a spreadsheet with 'TITLE' 'ISSUE #' '# OF COPIES' 'LOCATION' and 'NOTES'. Non of my books are CGC graded. Perhaps one day when I am ready to let them go in the mail.

As far as in the box I would just going to go alphabetical and numerical order. But this is why I came here. You all have been doing this a lot longer than I have so I wanted to ask people who do this all the time what the best solution is.

For organization I'm a big fan of Comic Collector from Collectorz.com. They are up to version 5.1 (Mac 5.1 by the end of the month). It helps me keep my books in order. I've got 2 filing cabinets that I use to store so having CC around is great. They also have a iOS and Android mobile app that you can export part or all of your collection to. Great for picking up books at a convention.

I will have to give this a shot and see what I think. It would be so very nice to not only have a list of my books that show the cover, but the ability to have it on my iPhone would be great when I am in a comic book store. I will give the demo a shot and see if it beats out my spreadsheet.

Thanks again everyone for all your thoughts and advice.