• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neatstuff on Ebay may equal Neat prices????

21 posts in this topic

I know there has been a lot of talk over the past 6-months about Neatstuff Collectibles on Ebay. Not much of it good, though I have purchased several CGC graded books and had no problems with them.

So I am surching around on Ebay for some good buys and I run across a few of there auctions. I decide to pull up everything they are selling (300+ books) and start placing cheap bids on books I was interested in.

What ended up happening is that I won some nice books for real cheap prices. Maybe it's because they have so many books out there that bidders don't want to search through all of their auctions, but heck you tell me if I got a good deal:

Detective Comics #438

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2241004217&category=35760&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWN%3AIT&rd=1

Detective Comics #440

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2240984815&category=33808&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWN%3AIT&rd=1

Detective Comics #444

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2240984827&category=33808&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWN%3AIT&rd=1

Shazam! #1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2240984838&category=33808&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWN%3AIT&rd=1

The issues of Detective Comics book for about $33 a piece in the listed conditions and the Shazam #1 books for $25.50 so....if these books are anywhere near the stated condition, then I got out real cheap. thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, I think Neatstuffstuff just wears out many of their potential bidders with sensory overload. In the past I've been among those who suffered from Neatstuff's late and/or incorrect shipping, but my last order was accompanied by tracking email upon shipping, and arrived promptly with no hassles. Their business practices seem to be looking up! thumbsup2.gif

As long as I get them I don't care at this point and I agree they may have hired some help since these are getting a little better.

I picked up a Superboy 100 pager, a few Bronze Age Thor's, some Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lanes etc in addition to my first purchases.

I noticed they don't sell to many VF or better books, but I am ok with fine's for these prices. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Neatstuff is awesome - did take a little over a month for me to get my book, but it was as described or better and worth a few times what the purchase price was. I am very happy and would refer anyone to them. Same with Investment Collectibles. It is worth it to buy quite a few things at once from either dealer..Good Luck in your endeavors ~

I know there has been a lot of talk over the past 6-months about Neatstuff Collectibles on Ebay. Not much of it good, though I have purchased several CGC graded books and had no problems with them.

So I am surching around on Ebay for some good buys and I run across a few of there auctions. I decide to pull up everything they are selling (300+ books) and start placing cheap bids on books I was interested in.

What ended up happening is that I won some nice books for real cheap prices. Maybe it's because they have so many books out there that bidders don't want to search through all of their auctions, but heck you tell me if I got a good deal:

They were at WonderCon and had a lot of 100 page Giants there as well. (I picked up about 5-6 from them.) If you factor in shipping, it's actually about the same although you'll do better with the combined shipping. Seems like pretty good deals though.

(The 100-page Giants are priced from about $6-10 for G to VG, etc..) There were several other dealers with 100 Page Giants at WonderCon as well. With the 50% off sales they were having, the cheapest ones I picked up were $3 each with most under $10. (low grade readers) Higher grade 100-Page Giants were going for a lot more.

Looking at the scans I'd say these 100 pagers are better the G/VG, but I'll have to wait until I get my paws on them for sure. All in all the prices weren't bad and they do have a large selection of books to choose from if you want to win a bunch of books to save on shipping.

I love looking at thier auctions. I have bought from them before.

I have no complaints except for the fact that thier shipping takes a long time.

Once thier items get to you though, ya tottaly forget about the long shipping time because you got such a great deal on the price.

I love looking at thier auctions. I have bought from them before.

I have no complaints except for the fact that thier shipping takes a long time.

Once thier items get to you though, ya tottaly forget about the long shipping time because you got such a great deal on the price.

I'm watching some of their auctions right now. The only reason I'm considering bidding at all, after all the horror stories regarding their shipping, is that I might end up scoring some books for pennies on the dollar.

Question though, for folks who have bought multiple books from them before - do they actually refuse to combine shipping?? Their listing says "Please add $2.99 for U.S. Address Only Shipping, MINIMUM Handling charge 99c per item, First item is free handling, NO FURTHER DISCOUNT ON COMBINING".

Does that mean they'll charge $2.99 base plus $.99 additional per item (reasonable)? Or, is it $2.99 for each and every item, plus $.99 per item after the first one (absurd)? I could bid on ten of their items, but there's no way in hell I'm paying $30+ shipping!

Their shipping policy is badly-worded. I bought a dozen or so books last week, and the way it works is:

- first book costs $2.99 for s&h

- each additional book costs an additional 99 cents s&h

Mentally add a buck to your max bid and you'll be fine.

Also, they have apparently invested in software to finally manage their inventory and auctions. After winning, you'll be directed to a checkout web site, the combined shipping total is correctly calculated. You'll then need to fix the PayPal default total, but you'll get automatic email notifications when payment is received, and more importantly, automated notification when the items are shipped!

I think Neatstuff wins the 2004 award for "Most Improved eBay Seller." 893applaud-thumb.gif

Their shipping policy is badly-worded. I bought a dozen or so books last week, and the way it works is:

- first book costs $2.99 for s&h

- each additional book costs an additional 99 cents s&h

Mentally add a buck to your max bid and you'll be fine.

Also, they have apparently invested in software to finally manage their inventory and auctions. After winning, you'll be directed to a checkout web site, the combined shipping total is correctly calculated. You'll then need to fix the PayPal default total, but you'll get automatic email notifications when payment is received, and more importantly, automated notification when the items are shipped!

I think Neatstuff wins the 2004 award for "Most Improved eBay Seller." 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

I ordered two books from him and he would not combine shipping. Cost me $12 to mail two RAW books. He had similar wording, too. makepoint.gif

That's how NeatStuff makes their money, and the book sales are inconsequential to their profit line.

I ordered two books from him and he would not combine shipping. Cost me $12 to mail two RAW books. He had similar wording, too. makepoint.gif

Hmmm? Not sure what to say other than your mileage may vary. confused-smiley-013.gif

But $12 shipping for two books?? insane.gif It would seem that without combining shipping, the most you'd be charged would be $6 (2.99 @) confused.gif (These weren't TPBs were they?)

I got the 99 cent per book deal, which is still shipping profiteering, but I knew that and so mentally reduced each of my max bids by a dollar.

They were FF's and he spent like $5 to mail them. Probably didn't get as much money as he wanted for the books. Next time, when the shipping is specifically outlined, I won't pay anymore and will refuse to pay.

They do explain this in the footer... Although it may not be accurrate when it comes to postage, it was disclosed.

Looks like you didn't read the whole footer:

MINIMUM Handling charge 99c per item

First item is free handling

NO FURTHER DISCOUNT ON COMBINING

Items with over $5 shipping above are heavy or valuable and cannot be combined for reduction

Canada above shipping + 50%

International $10.00 minimum or above shipping value +100%

NJ residents must add 6% sales tax.

PAYMENTS ACCEPTED - Paypal, Check, or Money order

PLEASE DO NOT SEND PAYMENT YOU MUST CHECKOUT SEE LINK ABOVE

So if it takes him "more than $5" (I think it was 4 something) to mail two normal FF issues, then rerally, the whole "footer" is a joke, isn't it? I could have mailed two FF comics for $3.85 priority, but that's just me. The problem is we can't choose the method of shipment, can we?

I hope I didn't confuse anybody. These were NOT TB's, or even Giant Size Issues.

Let's see here is a copy of my invoice, it's not top secret or anything:

Hi,

Thank you for your order and choosing to do business with Neat Stuff Collectibles, LLC. If you paid by paypal we will ship your order as soon as possible. If you are sending a Check or Money Order we will email you when payment is received. We will also send you an email when your item has shipped out.

81-041604-78 Detective Comics 100pg #438 Batman DC Comic $3.25

81-041604-77 Detective Comics 100pg #440 Batman DC Comic $4.26

81-041604-79 Detective Comics 100pg #444 Batman DC Comic $6.49

68-041604-27 Weird Adventure Comics #434 DC Comic Comics $2.01

80-041604-35 Thor #181 Marvel Comic Comics $2.05

80-041604-36 Thor #189 Marvel Comic Comics $0.99

42-041604-34 Shazam #1 Captain Marvel DC Comic Comics $2.36

82-041604-27 Superboy 100 Pg #15 Superman DC Comic Comics $6.5

70-041604-49 Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #118 DC Comic Comics $0.99

67-041604-43 Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #117 DC Comic Comics $0.99

Please add US shipping and handling: $11.90

For a total of: $41.79

So 10 comics and shipping is $11.90, still to high, but the price was quoted on the auctions and I paid exactly what was disclosed up front. With the prices I got some of these books for I don't mind paying .99 cents handling since it was still a good deal. thumbsup2.gif

My only Ebay purchase from Neatstuff was a couple of years ago - Fantastic Four 2, 6 & 9 all in around VG. the 6 & 9 were accurately graded, the 2 was sold as a VG and I would call a VG-, and the shipping price of $5 each book was not reduced, although the shipment was combined.

However, they were well packaged, insured and arrived in a timely fashion, and the total cost to me was about 60% of guide, including shipping and adjusting the grade of the FF 2

Let's see here is a copy of my invoice, it's not top secret or anything:

Hi,

Thank you for your order and choosing to do business with Neat Stuff Collectibles, LLC. If you paid by paypal we will ship your order as soon as possible. If you are sending a Check or Money Order we will email you when payment is received. We will also send you an email when your item has shipped out.

81-041604-78 Detective Comics 100pg #438 Batman DC Comic $3.25 (7.0)

81-041604-77 Detective Comics 100pg #440 Batman DC Comic $4.26 (4.5)

81-041604-79 Detective Comics 100pg #444 Batman DC Comic $6.49 (6.0)

68-041604-27 Weird Adventure Comics #434 DC Comic Comics $2.01 (6.0)

80-041604-35 Thor #181 Marvel Comic Comics $2.05 (7.0)

80-041604-36 Thor #189 Marvel Comic Comics $0.99 (5.0)

42-041604-34 Shazam #1 Captain Marvel DC Comic Comics $2.36 (8.0)

82-041604-27 Superboy 100 Pg #15 Superman DC Comic Comics $6.5 (6.0)

70-041604-49 Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #118 DC Comic Comics $0.99 (7.5)

67-041604-43 Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #117 DC Comic Comics $0.99 (6.0)

Please add US shipping and handling: $11.90

For a total of: $41.79

So 10 comics and shipping is $11.90, still to high, but the price was quoted on the auctions and I paid exactly what was disclosed up front. With the prices I got some of these books for I don't mind paying .99 cents handling since it was still a good deal. thumbsup2.gif

Well I got the books today so the shipping time wasn't to bad. As for grading they were right on or a little under graded in my Opinion, so I was more than happy with the price. I listed the grades of the books above in red....................... thumbsup2.gif