• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catman, the run...here kitty kitty....

58 posts in this topic

Since I have now had to scan each issue, figured for reference sake, I would post the run!

starting with 1

cat1cgc4.jpg

so to whom did the spoils go to? or am i too oblique?

who bought the run???

:acclaim:

Went to a good home, for sure. :applause:

Since I have now had to scan each issue, figured for reference sake, I would post the run!

starting with 1

cat1cgc4.jpg

so to whom did the spoils go to? or am i too oblique?

who bought the run???

Went to a good home, for sure. :applause:

Yep! Very cool! :applause:

Congrats to Mr. GAtor for putting it together, and congrats to alanna for having the perspicacity to pull the trigger. And thanks to both of you for doing it here so I can at least be a voyeur (thumbs u

Hey, GAtor didn't snag every Cat-Man, ...one got away! hm

Oooops, wait a minute! doh!

:cry: I forgot about that moment of vulnerability back at ComicCon. :blush:

IMG_0269.jpg

smiley-taunt015.gif

catman31.jpg

That's such a fabulous cover! Kitten is one of my very favourite characters from the Golden Age.

:luhv:

:applause:

Agreed, that LB Cole cover is killer and the teaming up of Cat-Man with the teen-aged Kitten was a rather daring and unique concept for the GA in light of all the man/boy mentored super-heroe teams following in the footsteps of the Batman/Robin dynamic.

It's a great title from start to finish; :cloud9: ...those early Quinlan covers as well as the awesome Cole covers late in the run. Here's the last pre-Kitten issue...

img_Cat-Man4_089-1.jpg

Agreed, that LB Cole cover is killer and the teaming up of Cat-Man with the teen-aged Kitten was a rather daring and unique concept for the GA in light of all the man/boy mentored super-heroe teams following in the footsteps of the Batman/Robin dynamic.

I'd call the Catman-Kitten pairing the less questionable one but that's just me.

(shrug)

I'd call the Catman-Kitten pairing the less questionable one but that's just me.

(shrug)

hm Given the times (GA), the concept of man/boy super-hero teams seems innocent enough. After all, boys were the target demographic and the dream of having a heroic mentor with whom to share bold adventures (crime fighting, battling the Axis, etc.) was a totally innocent past-time.

Since most girls weren't GA super-hero comic readers, the idea of using a teen-aged girl with an adult male mentor was an odd choice if the idea was to create a teen hero that pre-pubescent boy readers could identify with.

Viewed today it's hard to say which would be more controversial, but given the original target audience the idea of a teen-aged girl partnering up with an older adult male mentor was a daring choice for a GA comic publisher, real or imagined subtext notwithstanding.