• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which book would you sell

53 posts in this topic

So I am thinking of breaking the bank for something and as much as I have tried to sell the lesser stuff it just isn't getting me far enough alone, so I am considering selling one of my big books.

The question is which...

Captain America 1.0 Green with a married cover. Great book for resto and hugh upside. Hard to find under 20K and although people say it isn't a tough find I had a very hard time finding a lower grade copy over the last few years. Certainly replacable but it would be at several times my cost of this book even for a similar copy

Capfc1b.jpg

Detective 28 3.5 universal. Rare as rare gets very tough to find any copy much less an unrestored copy. Demand not as high as the Cap 1 and less likely to spike in price.

tec28frontsmall.jpg

I would likely net more from the Tec, both books would cost me a lot more down the line and both books have been long term wants for a long time. So what do you do.... Sell one, none or even both to get a bigger badder book.

One note Gator has never owned an unrestored tec 28, although I would be ok with a restored copy that should certainly say how rare it is.

Please don't PM me about these books as they aren't for sale now and if they do become available I will likely try them here first anyway. That being said if you want to make a crazy offer that might make my decision for me :-D So only crazy offers....;-D

James G

I love the tec 28...I actually did finally own an unrestored copy...a cgc 5.5, but other than that one, I have only ever owned 1 other (restored) copy...had a dozen cap 1's in the same time period...choice is pretty obvious :baiting:

Without a doubt in my mind keep the Tec 28 3.5 ow/w all day long ever day.

Tons of Cappy 1's, hardly any 28's at all. And yours is a beuty.

Hard to even say this (give Cappy1 is a 1st) but I think the 28 actually at this point (given the Cap movie already drove the Cap 1's up) has more upside potential than the Cap 1 in that grade comparison. (thumbs u

I would likely net more from the Tec, both books would cost me a lot more down the line and both books have been long term wants for a long time. So what do you do.... Sell one, none or even both to get a bigger badder book.

I guess i'm in the minority but, I have never sold a book I needed for my run to purchase another book.

Am I understanding your post that, if you sell one or both of these books, you will be replacing them at some point?

If so, I would give it some serious thought before doing so. Once you sell them, their gone.

Sell the Detective and keep the Cap. Buy a Whiz 2, then sell the Cap and keep the Whiz 2. Take the money from the Cap sale down to the horse track. Put it all on #3 in the 5th race. After that, follow your gut, in-the-moment, instincts. Whatever sounds right, is right.

End result- you've got a copy of Whiz 2, unbelievably awesome comic, and a good chance at making all your dreams come true. I don't see how you can go wrong.

I'm with you, man. Go for it!