• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rare issue(s) with Multiple Covers-Which ones do you own?

22 posts in this topic

This is a cool idea for a topic.

I had a Spider-Man 298 with a double cover, I bought it fresh off the stands.

I mean, I never really thought about it, but I wonder what a value on that would be, in say, CGC9.4 or 9.6 ? Anyone have any notion of VALUE on that ?

I wish I had a picture to share.

Anyway, it will be cool to see if anybody posts some pictures of some RARE double covers.

This is a cool idea for a topic.

I had a Spider-Man 298 with a double cover, I bought it fresh off the stands.

I mean, I never really thought about it, but I wonder what a value on that would be, in say, CGC9.4 or 9.6 ? Anyone have any notion of VALUE on that ?

I wish I had a picture to share.

Anyway, it will be cool to see if anybody posts some pictures of some RARE double covers.

:cool: I have this one:

298.jpg

click on the link below if you want to see more like this. :gossip:

Not Bronze, but have a Silver Surfer 4 - first series. It's a square bound - no staples and the top

cover wasn't glued on just the bottom, so top cover is a loose cover.

Classic Surfer vs. Thor cover and is a cool thing to have! Keep meaning to

frame the loose cover, but still haven't got to it yet! Don't have a pic right

now. Could post one later if anyone wants to see it.

It's amazing how often double covers get missed. I bought both of these raw and didn't realize they were double covers until weeks later. Apparently neither did the sellers.

phantom4.jpg

detective399.jpg

I'm not that surprised. Store owners put their books on racks to sell. After awhile, they removed them. In my case, every few weeks I'd have a long box or two of leftovers that I'd put in bags and move into the back issue section. Why would I check hundreds of books for the occasional double cover? Now those books are 25 years old, and I'm still not going to spend hours opening the bags to check.

In fact, I had a kid find one by accident and then he started opening every book on the shelves looking for more, until I had to tell him he couldn't.

very difficult 30 cent variant to begin with, then add that this book is a double cover (and my only double cover 30 cent variant)-

wwt15.jpg

:o(worship) I'm still looking for a single cover of this issue. :grin: